Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 11:51 AM

92 posts, read 401,622 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the information. I was really wondering about the stores because I was not able to pull much up from doing searches. I think I am starting to understand Durango a bit better now from your reply as well as others in previous posts. You all have been very helpful. I can't wait to visit there this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 09:49 PM

56 posts, read 222,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoboy204 View Post
Hey ILUVNM: Do yo know where the library is gonna be? dgoboy
The new library will be in the old hospital...that's what I heard...

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-11-2007 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: Removing extraneous quoted material to save space.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:01 AM

476 posts, read 2,310,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttoretire View Post
Thank you for the information...
You are very welcome. Have fun this summer!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,554 times
Hi retrocarnation,
I've lived in Durango for the past 25 years . . .
I love it here but I had to chuckle as I read your post because your description is so accurate! Yes, it does get boring and yes, it is expensive! I have three kids in their early 20's who have moved back to Durango after college and they will agree with you too.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:15 PM

25 posts, read 189,810 times
What would be an average cost to rent a 4-bedroom home on 2 plus acres of land in Durango?

Any recommendations on websites to visit that have images of homes for rent in Durango or nearby towns?

Old 07-27-2007, 10:58 PM

108 posts, read 388,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by On Fire For God View Post
What would be an average cost to rent a 4-bedroom home on 2 plus acres of land in Durango?

Any recommendations on websites to visit that have images of homes for rent in Durango or nearby towns?
Hmmm, when I was looking through the paper this am, I saw 2 4B houses for 1700. a month, they were in town though.

I'd look through the classifieds of the Durango Herald. Durango, Colorado News, Classifieds, Sports, Education, Business, Arts and Entertainment

Old 07-28-2007, 07:19 PM

157 posts, read 649,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by On Fire For God View Post

Hi OFFG:

you might check out the following; I haven't been on these sites in a while, so I'm not sure what they are offering right now, but maybe they will help.

home, apartment, condominium, studio, mobile home, commercial, storage and vacation property for rent in durango colorado area from action property management
About Us
Durango Property Management

best wishes

Old 07-28-2007, 07:27 PM

157 posts, read 649,259 times
Ummmm... not sure what just happened with the blue print in that last post, but in case you don't find anything at that link, let's try this again

durangorealestaterentals dot com
rentdurango dot com
durangorentals dot com
craigslist dot org (colorado, then western slope)

Last edited by dgoboy204; 07-28-2007 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: thought of more

Old 08-03-2007, 04:10 AM

2 posts, read 5,738 times
Move to Pagosa

Old 08-31-2007, 12:34 AM

502 posts, read 1,062,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttoretire View Post
I have been researching the Durango area and have tried to find out what kind of major stores are there but am not coming up with much. Where would the major malls be for shopping. It appears that there is only some locally owned stores and a Walmart SuperCenter in Durango and my curiosity is getting the best of me as to where one would go for major shopping like around Christmas time?
"only some locally owned stores?"

What does that mean? Like Christmas will be ruined because you had to go to more than one place to shop, you spent an extra nickel and the vast majority of your dollar stayed within the community rather than getting stuffed in Lee Scott's wallet?

Durango is very lucky in having a diverse and vibrant independant business community. Would anyone really want to visit here if downtown was block after block of Starbucks/Wal-Mart/Chili's/retch....? No. Downtown Durango is charming because it's different from the suburbs and mini-malls that most of the country is used to. The people that live here in Durango find plenty of ways to blow their money, just like anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado