Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2021, 06:24 AM

7,193 posts, read 9,332,580 times

Advertisements

Colorado allows all adults to get vaccine boosters, going beyond federal guidance

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-live-updates/

"Colorado Gov. Jared Polis (D), facing one of the nation’s worst surges of new coronavirus cases, issued an executive order Thursday allowing all adults in his state to receive a vaccine booster dose, going further than current federal guidelines.

Colorado is one of several states in the north and Mountain West where infections are once again on the rise, sending officials scrambling to slow the spread before another winter wave overwhelms the health-care system.

Polis’s unusual and unilateral move puts Colorado at odds with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s current guidance, and it comes at a time of increasing debate over the eligibility requirements for additional immunizations. Some Biden administration officials have pushed to make the boosters available to all adults, as Polis now has, amid increasing fears that the country could slide backward into a fifth pandemic wave, while others have urged caution.

“Because disease spread is so significant across Colorado, all Coloradans who are 18 years of age and older are at high risk and qualify for a booster shot,” Polis said in his order. Colorado is reporting more than 3,000 new cases per day on average, putting it in the top 10 of all states when adjusted for population, according to data tracked and analyzed by The Washington Post. The state’s rate of new cases is higher than it has been in nearly a year."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 01:56 PM

26,226 posts, read 49,079,778 times
FYI some stats off of the NY Times pages. IIRC the Covid reporting of the NY Times is open to the public, not behind the paywall.

COVID-19 Daily Reported Cases per 100,000 residents.

43-Denver County
54-Douglas County
72-Adams County
51-Jefferson County
34-Boulder County
49-Weld County
53-Larimer County
65-Eagle County
36-Park County
59-El Paso County
46-Teller County
111-Fremont County
133-Cheyenne County
89-Pueblo County
93-Mesa County
38-Ouray County
27-Gunnison County
65-La Plata County
80-Montezuma County
183-San Juan County

Elsewhere around the nation:
7.7-Orange County, CA
7.0-Alameda County, CA
13-Los Angeles County, CA
10-San Francisco County, CA
45-Maricopa County, AZ
13-Multnomah County, OR
12-King County, WA
5.2-Fairfax County, VA
12-Baltimore, MD
12-Philadelphia County, PA
382-Lincoln County, WV
9.0-Charleston County, SC
10-Miami-Dade County, FL

And so it goes
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-12-2021 at 02:13 PM..

Old 11-12-2021, 02:07 PM

My old county, El Paso is at 59 daily cases per 100K.

My new county, Contra Costa, CA is at 8.

The people here are well vaxxed and masked.

Different Strokes...

Old 11-12-2021, 02:12 PM

I expect to wear a mask for years and I've had 3 shots of the vaccine now.

Old 11-12-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
That beats the hell out of choking to death on your own phlegm.

Old 11-12-2021, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
That beats the hell out of choking to death on your own phlegm.
Which I damned near did in Jan 2020 due to what my Doc said was a severe case of bronchitis. By the time the EMTs got to the house I was past the worst of it, but it's a helluva feeling. I know a lot of people who said they had the same thing in that same timeframe; I suspected early covid but an antibody test in Sept 2020 came back negative for covid antibodies so I guess it was just bronchitis which I haven't had since 1965.

Old 11-13-2021, 07:32 AM

6,825 posts, read 10,530,226 times
The Colorado Sun has some interesting data on who died from COVID March 2020-May 2021 by profession, gender, etc. Construction/extraction seemed hardest hit. https://coloradosun.com/2021/11/13/c...eid=de26e9e9ba

Old 11-13-2021, 10:04 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,415,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

At a local theater film festival, proof of vaccination was required for entry and masks strongly recommended. A few people said they'd never come back and the theater is fine without them. It was a very safe feeling to be indoors under those circumstances.

I got my Moderna booster two weeks ago. Over 65 but here in Colorado, age doesn't matter.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:11 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,714,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
At a local theater film festival, proof of vaccination was required for entry and masks strongly recommended. A few people said they'd never come back and the theater is fine without them. It was a very safe feeling to be indoors under those circumstances.

I got my Moderna booster two weeks ago. Over 65 but here in Colorado, age doesn't matter.
I gladly support venues where masks or vax proof are required. They’re not the only places I go, but I definitely prefer them. After having begun to get around a tiny bit more (actually went camping in a public campground), I think the imminent holiday infectobonanza would be a good time to be more cautious again.

No gathering for any reason is worth getting sick for.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:28 AM

3,346 posts, read 2,204,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Construction/extraction seemed hardest hit.
All surprised, raise your hand. I'd bet every factor that increases risk crosses in this category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
At a local theater film festival, proof of vaccination was required for entry and masks strongly recommended.
Recently went to first live theater since... well, a while before COVID. Proof of vax required, carefully checked (had to have front and back images of card, plus ID) and masks required. I can live with that.

Increasing number of articles and so forth noting the obvious: that COVID is now a permanent part of life anywhere on Earth, like the flu. We are just going to have to find a coping balance, since "maybe it will go away or only hang out in Africa or something" is not in the cards.

But hey, just for variation, they are bracing for a hell of a measles outbreak. Won't that be a nice change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado