Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 06:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by townshend View Post
Regarding that church in Colorado Springs, I think the pastor should be forced to stop holding meetings with more than one person (himself); if he refuses, he should be arrested. And no, his holding church services has nothing to do with religious freedom, or constitutional guarantees, or a violation of separation of church and state, which, incidentally, has been trampled on for several decades.

COVID-19 is a state of emergency and holding church meetings is in violation of the lockdown. If the church meeting is only 100 members, the potential for spreading the virus is immense, placing at risk many others who abide by the lockdown and who are unaware these other individuals aren't doing so. Their right to religious freedom stops the moment it threatens the health and well being of others. This isn't funny; this is potentially a deadly situation.
Good post you're right...on TV News just now, the pastor or rep seemed reasonable, calm - they are telling anyone to stay home
that wants to or feels sick.
They will stay 'distanced' and that they need to meet for spiritual food.

We probably should tell them if anyone gets sick from there in 3 weeks,
"You're on your own! KIDDING!
God loves stupid, stubborn people, too....sometimes I think even more so! So we will nurse them.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:48 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Wow.

Twenty-one posts in, y'all spend more talking about doing the thing than I spent actually doing the thing.

I got a note from the mayor giving me an Authority to Travel to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Because of the thing this is now our thing to do.
Twue, twue.

I was in 4.5 hours of phone meetings today, on about 49 phone calls to staff, but who's counting?

Yeah, a minute or two on City-Data forums is a welcome break.

PuebloShines campaign; we are to shine flashlights at the night sky at 8:00 pm tonight... "With Colorado under a stay at home order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the mayor of Pueblo is asking residents to join him in a movement to promote unity.

Every evening for the next 18 nights, starting Thursday night, the mayor is asking residents to go outside at 8 p.m. and shine a light into the sky for 2 minutes. Together we put trust in our faith for the healing, the health, and the safety of our health care providers, our first responders, our families, and our community," Mayor Nick Gradisar wrote in a release. "Shine the Light of Hope! Pueblo’s future is bright."

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-26-2020 at 07:11 PM..

Old 03-26-2020, 06:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Wow.
Twenty-one posts in, y'all spend more talking about doing the thing than I spent actually doing the thing.
Because of the thing this is now our thing to do.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:21 PM

558 posts, read 337,945 times
What kind of lockdown is this? The list of exemptions is a mile long.

No sit down restaurant meals and no haircuts. Did I miss anything?

Old 03-26-2020, 08:11 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by townshend View Post
Regarding that church in Colorado Springs, I think the pastor should be forced to stop holding meetings with more than one person (himself); if he refuses, he should be arrested.
No.
He should be encouraged to hold services with lots of hugging and kissing.
Cull the herd.
MAGA

Old 03-26-2020, 08:24 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
No.
He should be encouraged to hold services with lots of hugging and kissing.
Cull the herd.
MAGA
Not My pWesident Waa

Old 03-26-2020, 09:00 PM

753 posts, read 1,103,991 times
Although it's not mentioned in the order, I've been told that legal services are also considered essential. So you can still make a new will or power of attorney, for example (the latter must be notarized in Colorado).

Old 03-26-2020, 09:29 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,194,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
There are so many exceptions to the new rule I don't think it will change or effect much. If this were a serious order it would include ride sharing services. I see this as a cover your asr move (gratuitous reference to the size of Polis' asr). Hancock put out a stay at home order, it would potentially look bad if Polis did not put out a stay at home order. Other than saying enforcement would not be done by the guard, it did not say who actually would be doing the enforcement. I assume executive orders are not permitted to include criminal penalties, I don't know though, that is a complete guess.
Exactly what I am seeing - everyone out and if they get pulled over (very unlikely) saying "I'm just going to the grocery store officer" it seems.

They should have included a $50 fine (or more) for violations. Who cares if you get a warning?

Old 03-26-2020, 09:41 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,195,878 times
It's pretty clear to me that the order (all these orders) have two purposes:

1) Raise awareness to the max for the dim and clueless.

2) Put some teeth into forcing people to stop congregating in parks and other mass social groups.

Everything else is unenforceable/irrelevant and on the individual.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:38 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Not My pWesident Waa

It's all a hoax. Or is it that millions of Americans dying is totally worth letting our domestic economy gimp along through historic supply chain breakdowns? I haven't read Twitter or had a chance to get spoon fed the weekly narrative from Fox yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therblig View Post
It's pretty clear to me that the order (all these orders) have two purposes:

1) Raise awareness to the max for the dim and clueless.

2) Put some teeth into forcing people to stop congregating in parks and other mass social groups.

Everything else is unenforceable/irrelevant and on the individual.
I don't know how laws work or read politicians' interviews/press releases, so Polis is both feckless and authoritarian at the same time.

Last edited by Westerner92; 03-27-2020 at 12:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado