Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 12:55 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,198,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I don't know how laws work or read politicians' interviews/press releases, so Polis is both feckless and authoritarian at the same time.
So, job's yours. Here's the chair.

What are your orders?

Old 03-27-2020, 04:14 PM

688 posts, read 1,101,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
Although it's not mentioned in the order, I've been told that legal services are also considered essential. So you can still make a new will or power of attorney, for example (the latter must be notarized in Colorado).
I wouldn't be too sure about that. I have a lawyer friend in Louisiana where they have also locked down the state, and legal services are similarly not listed. Lots of businesses try to claim exemption, or assume exemption, even though there is none noted in the law...

Old 03-27-2020, 10:52 PM

753 posts, read 1,104,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbound and Down View Post
I wouldn't be too sure about that. I have a lawyer friend in Louisiana where they have also locked down the state, and legal services are similarly not listed. Lots of businesses try to claim exemption, or assume exemption, even though there is none noted in the law...
I've found the updated copy of the order. Lawyers and accountants covered in the fourth bullet under item 7. Also real estate, but.... well, I could see that you might want to be able to close if you were already under contract and hadn't lost your job and/or financing, but this is a crazy time to be listing or touring houses, just from the risk of having strangers coughing in your home, or visiting somebody else's home that might be contaminated. Not sure why they would allow that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gji...dw0Twrut_/view

Old 03-28-2020, 07:04 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,389,750 times
CO executive orders can be found here:
https://www.colorado.gov/governor/2020-executive-orders

CO Public Health orders follow the executive orders with more details. They can be found here:
https://covid19.colorado.gov/

If an entity is on the essential services exemption list, they may remain open provided they meet the requirements of the self certification check list. Items on this include remote work wherever possible, 6' distancing between employees, posted information on washing, sneezing and coughing, a regular cleaning schedule, off-sets in shifting to avoid overlap and contact wherever possible.

Can businesses violate this, yes they can. Are the police checking on everyone open, no, they can't. I would like to think any business with a concern about their staff would be doing these steps for the safety of their people. Anyone working at these places that may not follow the guidelines, or even if they do follow them, could choose to self isolate and the recently released leave orders at the Federal level protect them from punitive retaliation for refusing to work during these orders.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:43 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Got pushed back to April 30. Easter is no longer a goal.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:51 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,198,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Got pushed back to April 30. Easter is no longer a goal.
Well, it's going to be a hell of a Lent.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:51 PM

834 posts, read 744,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
I've found the updated copy of the order. Lawyers and accountants covered in the fourth bullet under item 7. Also real estate, but.... well, I could see that you might want to be able to close if you were already under contract and hadn't lost your job and/or financing, but this is a crazy time to be listing or touring houses, just from the risk of having strangers coughing in your home, or visiting somebody else's home that might be contaminated. Not sure why they would allow that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gji...dw0Twrut_/view
Our neighbor listed a house, and the amount of people coming in and out AND their real estate agents has been astonishing for a time like this. Yesterday, there were 3 couples *at one time* and no one was social distancing from what I could see.

So many people and companies are not taking this seriously. We have over 300 hospitalized in our state alone today with the disease. It seems like it will go on forever.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:57 PM

18,722 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefg567 View Post
So many people and companies are not taking this seriously. We have over 300 hospitalized in our state alone today with the disease. It seems like it will go on forever.
It's gonna be a rough ride, that's for sure, made rougher by people who don't take it seriously, whatever their place and authority. These are transformative times. That realization seems to come to people a day at a time at their own pace, sometimes an hour at a time. There is no "going back to normal," that I can see. We as a nation will emerge at a very different point. I hope a better one.

Old 03-29-2020, 08:20 PM

2,478 posts, read 2,698,410 times
It’s also within families. You let your son visit his girlfriend. He returns home. You go visit the neighbor. Now the neighbor has been exposed to your son’s girlfriend’s family and anyone they encountered.

Old 03-29-2020, 08:29 PM

18,722 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
It’s also within families. You let your son visit his girlfriend. He returns home. You go visit the neighbor. Now the neighbor has been exposed to your son’s girlfriend’s family and anyone they encountered.
Exactly. It's a shame (and not helpful) that people often want to figure out what "outsider" brought it in. It's everywhere. Not happy to say but it's so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado