Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:47 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times

Advertisements

This is a picture of the new 6 lane, 4th street bridge being built in Pueblo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 09:45 AM

Also, Pueblo has the foundation set for our version of E-470 now with the road that goes by the Vestas wind turbine building and the cement plant up around the power plant then end at business 50. As time goes and more traffic uses that road it will be upgraded to a 4 lane highway. The plan calls for the another loop to go around west on the stem beach exit and either by or over the dam!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:01 AM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Liberty point. I rode my Sportster up there last time I was there.

How would you like one of those homes up there? What do you think of the water level of the Res this late into the winter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Also, Pueblo has the foundation set for our version of E-470 now with the road that goes by the Vestas wind turbine building and the cement plant up around the power plant then end at business 50. As time goes and more traffic uses that road it will be upgraded to a 4 lane highway. The plan calls for the another loop to go around west on the stem beach exit and either by or over the dam!
You call it Business 50, I call it South 50. I call Hwy 50, or 47 as it goes along the northern commercial corridor from P-Dub and the end of Pueblo Blvd along the dealerships and the franchise joints and past the mall and W-Mart and the College and Baculite Mesa ... all that I call north 50 and the 50 exit that branches to the east from between 29th and 13th exits... I call that middle 50. North, South, and Middle 50. But that's just me. South 50 is either Sante Fe drive south and east or the exit between 1st exit and Abriendo exit or... Central exit to Northern and east... until the road curves down and drops you onto... south 50! Whatdoyathink? Crazy?

Oh, anyway... I would love to see Stem Beach go west and loop all the way around to Swallows Road.. as in bridge the area south and west of the res to the western outskirts of P-Dub. If that happened, I could cut 10 to 15 minutes out of my morning and evening commute! And it would be very scenic.

Have you seen my Colorado City and Graneros Gorge pics?

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-06-2009 at 11:19 AM..

Old 01-06-2009, 12:53 PM

McGowDog,

Highway 50 is a mess to begin with lol. They want to fix it when they up grade it from Pueblo to the Kansas border by having just one highway 50 go straight though Pueblo past I-25 and the University then out north of the airport then continue east. Here is the web page:

http://www.dot.state.co.us/US50E/

Do you just mean the pictures you just took with the snow? If so they are awesome! To be honest I am not sure what Graneros Gorge is?

Just think if Pueblo gets two loops around the city, we would be the only city in Colorado with that!

Interesting about channel 5. I also think they see that Pueblo will grow and why they stay here, if not I think they would have moved with the other stations years ago.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:49 PM

162 posts, read 631,100 times
Quote:
I heard about about that, but part of Intersate 25 project. Maybe relocated the interstate outside of city limit and rebuilt I-25 as parkway north of downtown and as freeway south the river!

Old 01-23-2009, 01:37 PM

Default Historic bridge in Pueblo

This is on Business 50 which is the main road from Blende to downtown Pueblo. Sorry for my car being in the pic but I was to lazy to park and try to find a good place to take the picture without blocking traffic lol

Old 01-29-2009, 05:08 PM

Default 4th street bridge in Pueblo

Work continues on the 4th street bridge in Pueblo. It will have the longest span between two peers in the state!

BTW all you folks from out of town, see the heavy traffic I have to deal with every day, not sure how I manage, that is why CDOT is making the new bridge 6 lanes.....

Old 01-29-2009, 07:25 PM

162 posts, read 631,100 times

Very close up to the bridge in this cdot picture from website!

Quote:

Work continues on the 4th street bridge in Pueblo. It will have the longest span between two peers in the state!

BTW all you folks from out of town, see the heavy traffic I have to deal with every day, not sure how I manage, that is why CDOT is making the new bridge 6 lanes.....

Old 01-30-2009, 05:25 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
I will check it out! Thanks!

Yes, Pueblo does have some amazing bridge work, like from about 4th street to almost Abriendo!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-26-2011 at 01:14 PM..

Old 06-05-2009, 09:30 AM

Exclamation New flight service to DIA

This is good news for Pueblo and even comes during this bad economy when a lot of airports are losing service. Now they just need to make it a regional jet and I will be very happy! BTW this is federally funded by the essential air service program, so thank you!

Great Lakes Aviation on Wednesday announced new times for its expanded flight schedule to Denver.

The air carrier in March added a third Pueblo-Denver weekday flight.

The newest flight schedule will take affect Aug. 2, the carrier said.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2009/06/05/business/local/doc4a289f191efce980680949.txt

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado