Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 07:16 PM

53 posts, read 48,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Reminds me of that idiotic ad Gardner's been running - "Hickenlooper makes beer, I drink it."
That ad reminds of when Brett Kavanaugh said he liked beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Thank god I don't have to vote for that nutjob. Gives credence to the QAnon cultist morons and screams "law and order" even though she's been arrested multiple times for failure to appear. She's an idiot. I hope her baggage ends up flipping that district blue.
That's my district. She decidedly does not have my vote. I hope we flip this district. Between the current political climate and her insanity, I think we might have a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 09:09 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,971,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterJo View Post
That's my district. She decidedly does not have my vote. I hope we flip this district. Between the current political climate and her insanity, I think we might have a chance.
Mine as well, and same here. I'm really hoping it flips; Boebert is so woefully unqualified to be anywhere near a seat in the House of Representatives.

Old 10-13-2020, 11:37 AM

405 posts, read 449,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
So no denial of what the ethics board ruled then.
Yes, it's a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE crime to accept a ride in a private plane. Gardner's yanking of health insurance from 30,000 Coloradans, that's bubkis. His lies on pre-existing conditions, his anti-environmental record, his refusal to vote on Covid relief, his hypocrisy on court stacking -- that's all peanuts. Such an honorable man. So concerned with the welfare of his people.

Old 10-13-2020, 11:54 AM

3,346 posts, read 2,199,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vunderbar View Post
Yes, it's a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE crime to accept a ride in a private plane. Gardner's yanking of health insurance from 30,000 Coloradans, that's bubkis. His lies on pre-existing conditions, his anti-environmental record, his refusal to vote on Covid relief, his hypocrisy on court stacking -- that's all peanuts. Such an honorable man. So concerned with the welfare of his people.
Again... this election is not about politics.

It's about ridding this country of a festering, ideology-mad, wealth-worshiping, populace-hating, Constitution-trampling cult.

I have voted across party lines for my entire adult life, but if I never see another "GOP" candidate on a ballot it will be too soon.

Old 10-13-2020, 03:51 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,299,085 times
Both sides are awful. When you get down to it, they're all the same. Politicians, in general, are such despicable, power-hungry liars. That's why Trump got voted in. He wasn't a politician and would be different. And then there's the fact that Hillary was such an unlikeable person.

This cycle is going to continue, back and forth, back and forth, voting out the majority party. What we need are term limits in Congress. There should be no such thing as a career politician.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:05 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Quote:
Both sides are awful. When you get down to it, they're all the same. Politicians, in general, are such despicable, power-hungry liars. That's why Trump got voted in. He wasn't a politician and would be different. And then there's the fact that Hillary was such an unlikeable person.

This cycle is going to continue, back and forth, back and forth, voting out the majority party. What we need are term limits in Congress. There should be no such thing as a career politician.
I wouldn't be so sure about the cycle continuing - at least not for a while. I think the GOP is going to pay a heavy price for blindly worshipping the spray-tanned con man.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:52 PM

2,482 posts, read 2,700,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vunderbar View Post
If you cheated for self gain, how would people view you?

Old 10-14-2020, 10:48 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,389,750 times
IMO, we have created a defacto ruling class in the USA through 50 years of voter apathy. The average net worth of the legislative branch is 12 million. The average net worth of the Judicial branch is 14 million. The average net worth of the executive branch, excluding the current chief, is 30 million. To think that any of these people have the everyday working man/women's best interest at heart is patently false, and their collective legislative efforts reflect that.

Also IMO, term limits are not the solution either. There are global complexities in our life that we cannot afford to put entirely new people in every 4-6 years. There has to be continuity in some of these places to counter the same continuity that our adversaries have.

A convention of the states is certainly in order to correct the trajectory.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-14-2020 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Typo: "worth" not "work"

Old 10-14-2020, 11:49 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,575,994 times
Quote:
Both sides are awful. When you get down to it, they're all the same.
As enlightened as this sounds to say, it's not particularly true. Both parties, especially in the Senate, are captive to billionaires, but different kinds of billionaires, though there are a couple senators that win with their trust-busting stances.

One party knows all the feel-good things to say, and it's beholden to all Wall Street and venture capital. It consistently votes for laws and programs that aim keep desperate people from losing everything, but they're unaware and/or don't care that the income cutoffs and funding sources written into the laws disincentivize finding gainful employment and burden middle class taxpayers. They generally acknowledge that the Scientific Method/Rationality are the most effective approaches to policy but are still woefully naive about environmental issues. They're very internally corrupt and have no problem manipulating primaries. In any other nation on the planet, they'd be a center right party.

The other party gets off on saying awful things and pretends that the only way to make the world better is to equate profit with goodness and quality of life. They're beholden to resource extraction billionaires. Their most compelling vote generators are campaigning on overturning foregone social issues and convincing rubes that offending smug educated people will somehow benefit them. They don't even try to pretend that government and private enterprise should be separate, and they genuinely and successfully peddle there's no such thing as a knowable fact. The outside world is slackjawed at how far off the rails it's gone.

One leads to corporate dystopia. The other leads to a chaotic banana republic. One of those is objectively better.

Quote:
Politicians, in general, are such despicable, power-hungry liars. That's why Trump got voted in. He wasn't a politician and would be different. And then there's the fact that Hillary was such an unlikeable person.

Disregarding that Trump has literally never not sounded like a fifth grader making up a book report on the spot and has been a notorious con for decades, what if there didn't have to be just two parties playing political football? What if there were voting systems that allowed for more than two kinds of voices to be heard?

Last edited by Westerner92; 10-14-2020 at 12:09 PM..

Old 10-14-2020, 11:56 AM

405 posts, read 449,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
If you cheated for self gain, how would people view you?
A heck of a lot better than they view the guy who yanked away heath coverage from tens of thousands of his constituents - while he himself enjoys world-class coverage paid by those very constituents. Slime bucket. Throw the bum out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado