Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:16 PM

33 posts, read 104,858 times

Advertisements

welcome to colorado texans and californications...BUH BYE!!!!!!

Colorado . NO vacancy.

press one for english two for spanish.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old 01-03-2009, 10:10 PM

122 posts, read 522,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
For those of you who haven't been here long, Texans were 'goated quite a bit in the 70's and 80's. It was mainly because of the resentment by locals of all that oil money moving into resort communities like Vail, Dillon, Aspen, Durango, and the like.
Then came the 90's until present, where many long timers and natives regard the incursion of Californians like a swarm of locusts.
100% true!!

Old 01-04-2009, 10:04 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,888,887 times
Seriously, this thread is dead, only morons "hate". If you are a moron, more power to you.

I am Colorado born and raised, even fed (love the beef here) and I don't hate on the Texans. If you hate Texans, move already.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:26 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,491,866 times
Stereotyping is for small minds. Some people need to HATE.

Its not cool to hate minorities so people try to disguise it a bit - they hate illegal immigrants illogically even if studies show they cost us less in their first generation than obesity and smoking. They can't hate fat people and smokers because the haters are usually less educated and even more prone to obesity and smoking. They know better than to call Obama the N word so they call him Hussain and talk about Muslims - one of the few ethic/religious groups that it seems ok to hate.

For those who have no racist bones in them but still need to hate - Outsiders are always a good choice. "Those Texans - Those Californians" as if they were a monolithic evil and all the same.

I'm no better than anyone else - I just like to know someone first and then hate them.

LOL

Old 01-04-2009, 03:33 PM

21,518 posts, read 30,927,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
I lived in Colorado for 22 years of my life. Every time i would mention a possible move to Texas, everyone would thumb their nose and ask why?
Once i told them Houston, they looked at me like i was crazy.

The four years i've been here in Houston, i tell people i grew up in Colorado, i rarely hear any negative comments. They're always saying its such a beautiful place and would love to visit. But Texas doesn't get the same love from its nothern neighbors.

I think i already know why. It's because of the way the media portrays TX and Colorado just jumps on the bandwagon with the rest of America and falls right into the stereotypes. But i want some other guesses too other than the typical Texas bashing.

Please note that Texas is the fastest growing state and the second largest in population after CA, and the best place for corporate relocations so it can't be too bad.
It's not just Colorado!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:36 PM

17,881 posts, read 27,278,691 times
Yeah. Either that or they're just joking. Rule 62: don't take yourself so seriously.

I think my dad hates Texas because that's where they killed Kennedy. That's pretty narrow-minded because I think the Mafia and the pro-Union politics had something to do with it. It's like the war between the Mob and the Westies or something; then you've got the FBI taking down the Mafia shortly thereafter...

But what I'm saying, is this here thread; many on here are just perpetuating a bunch of jokes against Texans. My dad was really good friends with Uncle Red. He was a stubborn old Texan, but nobody-and I mean nobody... could hate Uncle Red.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-04-2009 at 03:52 PM..

Old 01-04-2009, 04:09 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,985,577 times
I agree totally Mcgow.......there is the same rivalry between Minnesota and Iowa [do you know why iowa installed AstroTurf.....to keep the cheerleaders from grazing.]

Ya GOT to maintain a sense of humor.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:36 PM

17,881 posts, read 27,278,691 times
Or you could go a step further and say it's political. That's where W is from, so it MUST be an evil place. It's a scapegoat! I do know for a fact that many justifiably "HATE" W, or "HATE" his politics, or "HATE" his administration...

It's a way to "BLAME" our current woes and hatred of us on that "BAD" thing.

But if that's true, then you have to see that even those in TEXAS HATE that administration and would be willing to at least throw a "SHOE" at it. But how dare you HATE AMERICA! Right?

Well Texas IS part of AMERICA, so for that reason alone, nobody HATES Texas. Right?

I voted for W. Twice. So hate me! But if you do, and you're right, then we're all sure to have entered the land of Milk and Honey! ALAS! Because he's almost gone and everything from here after will surely be right! No war! No starvation! No drought! No flood! No Evil! No driving slow in the fast lane! No driving 90 through our beloved town! No...

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-04-2009 at 05:01 PM..

Old 01-04-2009, 04:46 PM

20,501 posts, read 33,325,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado natives View Post
If Texans only knew how much we hated them…Im damn sure if you could buy a hunting permit to shoot them they would run out in the first day…hell if it were only a fine to shoot a texan or run them off of I70, I would set aside cash every week to do so…we complete books of texan jokes texans have earned the right to be the butt of our jokes and hate for them….they cant ski for **** and always screw up the lift lines..the only times that I have been mowed over on a ski trail was from a texan…then theres the fact that you cant drive in snow and still drive like its nascar in your suburban..you never have your vehicle set up for snow conditions and are always trying to pass the all wheel drive vehicle with snow tires…there is a reson we are going a little slower..even though we have driven the road hundreds of times in storms…we know where the texans are going to spin out and cause a wreck…which gets the mtn pass closed..I have been hit 3 times by a texan driving like crap in a snow storm…and if your not driving too fast then your doing like 5mph because its snowing..its the rocky mtns! it snows! so come prepared!….we also dont throw carloads of trash out the car window..our state is beautiful thats why ytou spend money to come see it…I understand why littering doesent matter in tx…its an ugly schitt hole..except for a few areas in west tx..also we get tired of rescuing your dumb asses from rocky mtn national..because you didnt have the proper gear and thought you would be ok in a tshirt and blue jeans(because your a tough texan) so I think its funny as hell when I see you on the news saying that you almost froze to death! Im alos not sure why you are proud of texas..I have had to work many months down there..all I found was a flat,poluted,miserable place..with a high teen pregnancyand crime rate..not much to do,a horrible climate,and most of the people have very ignorant opinons about things they know nothing about,or places they cant even find on a map because they never leave texas to find out that there is so much more culture,land and completley different opinions/people in the world…Im sorry TEXAS BLOWS ASS! so do all of us natives in colorado a favor and yourself…dont visit here,dont buy a vacation home here and pretend you fit in and last dont ski here…go to New Mexico its closer,and they need the money much more..and remeber if you see a **** on texas sticker on the back of the jeep,subaru,or plow truck that just ran you off the road..it was just a colorado native(maybe even me or my family)just getting back at you….texans have very little to be proud of…except ignorant bliss
Oh my. I 100% know that you do not represent the people of Colorado at all.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:46 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,985,577 times
naw cause I heard the hate texas jokes before I even know who W's daddy was lol.....and I grew up out in Limon where half the people sounded more like they were texans lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado