Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 01:27 PM

18,602 posts, read 33,168,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Boebert has to stop acting like an idiot and do her damn job, or she'll face a much more formidable foe two years from now.
She might stop acting like an idiot (maybe) but she lacks the capability to actually do her job, regardless of what her handlers tell her to do. Water issues, anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 03:28 PM

Colorado Public Radio reports that Frisch has already filed papers to run in 2024. Yay!

Old 11-18-2022, 03:31 PM

8,590 posts, read 14,744,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Colorado Public Radio reports that Frisch has already filed papers to run in 2024. Yay!
He should spend the next 4 years dogging her. Every time she does something stupid and unproductive for the district, he should make it front and center. That district being as competitive as it was is one of the most surprising outcomes of the midterm elections.

It should be a daily reminder to the Republican party that MAGA Trumpism is not a viable strategy in Colorado.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
He should spend the next 4 years dogging her. Every time she does something stupid and unproductive for the district, he should make it front and center. That district being as competitive as it was is one of the most surprising outcomes of the midterm elections.

It should be a daily reminder to the Republican party that MAGA Trumpism is not a viable strategy in Colorado.

Yes. I hope her handlers pound some sense into her. She really isn't fit for office in any way.

Old 11-18-2022, 05:35 PM

2,174 posts, read 4,260,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Frisch just conceded to Boebert. Lost by a mere 551 votes. Source, NYT and his campagin sent out a very elegant speech to supporters. Class act.
I don't get that!

Quote:
Boebert has to stop acting like an idiot and do her damn job
She's not acting. She IS an idiot.

Old 11-20-2022, 09:13 PM

17,874 posts, read 27,262,848 times
Quote:
Boebert has to stop acting like an idiot and do her damn job, or she'll face a much more formidable foe two years from now.
I don't think she'll ever get idiotic enough to agree with your sniffer in chief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
I don't get that!

She's not acting. She IS an idiot.
I get it. Frisch was a class act. He got beat in the election. We voted Boebert in. Frisch said, don't send money to mine or any other recount campaign. It's a waste of money. It won't change the results. Spend your money on petro, food, your families.

Now, you can call your opponents idiots and the like, but once you get away from your echo chamber, you'll see your friends, enemies, and even family members and coworkers don't agree with you on certain things.

That is all.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-20-2022 at 09:30 PM..

Old 11-21-2022, 08:54 AM

22,169 posts, read 29,135,431 times
She is a total idiot and huge embarrassment to this state

Old 11-21-2022, 09:39 AM

17,874 posts, read 27,262,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
She is a total idiot and huge embarrassment to this state
That's the way I feel about most of the Front Range politicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post

Prop 121: No. CO is already in the bottom 25 of states for total tax burden and the state has a bad habit of defunding things like street lights or roads to make a budget fit...
With all the pharm sales and gambling, I thought school funding and road repair would be covered. But evidently, if you live in CoSprings and want better roads, you just move north of Austin Bluffs and out north and towards Powers.

Quote:
Prop 125: Yes. Make the strip mall landlords squeem. Seriously why not. ...
I think I see where you're going with this.

Back when I lived in Denver, they sure shut down a place called Pharmore that tried to sell the booze.

All I see is Wal-Mart tearing into everybody's market when they can sell Cuervo Gold and Jack.

Quote:

Prop 126: Leaning no. People who routinely get delivery are already slightly challenged in the pre frontal cortex and I could see where binge ordering could be a problem. It might keep drunk people off the road, but generally the order would precede the drunkeness. I think the potential increase in alcohol consumption is worse than a theoretical reduction in drunk driving.
Now you're confusing legislation with trying to mandate behavior. Something like 10% of the population is "potential" alcoholic and about another "potential 10% hard drinker. What about the 80% who are not, the alkys and the hard drinkers who decide to not only abstain from booze, but also decide to not drink and drive?

You cannot legislate behavior nor sanity. Well you can try. This is why I vote red. I'm an adult and I expect adult behavior. When there's not, I steer clear.

Quote:

Prop FF: Yes. Simple thought here is why spend so much money on teaching and programs if kids aren't in a good pschycological state to learn because their blood sugar is spiking or crashing. My parents are voting no lol. But going to high school in CO, the meals really weren't that healthy. Mom and dad didn't always pack because I could make my own sandwhich, which I never did. I just had Triscuits in my backpack. To this day I can't stand turkey lunch meat....
Sound's like obama's wife to me. As far as funds to feed children in school, if you can't feed them, don't breed them.

Quote:
I do have to say the roads have gotten better than they were 5 years ago, understanding that CO weather is brutal to asphalt. ...
The whole south and east side especially around the airport is a dangerous ghetto, and I'm from Pueblo.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-21-2022 at 10:15 AM..

Old 11-21-2022, 09:55 AM

5,314 posts, read 5,034,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
That's the way I feel about most of the Front Range politicians.

With all the pharm sales and gambling, I thought school funding and road repair would be covered. But evidently, if you live in CoSprings and want better roads, you just move north of Austin Bluffs and out north and towards Powers.
Yeah, I'm not sure Lambourn is even a person, I think he's a GOP invented robot. But he hands out stimulus to the defense sector so he's

I do have to say the roads have gotten better than they were 5 years ago, understanding that CO weather is brutal to asphalt. It's pretty apparent that in COS, they fund the development in the direction they want, which isn't futher out east. Just hope they stay in decent shape...

Old 11-21-2022, 11:05 AM

26,111 posts, read 48,696,623 times
I detest Lamborn, and I'm a retired DoD employee, a relative hawk on defense matters, and a registered Republican since 1968 when I first voted for Nixon. Lamborn's a coward who won't debate anyone and his only accomplishment is to get a hiking trail opened; otherwise he never did squat for the people in CO-5. I saw him one night in Pine Creek Wine where he appeared tipsy but was buying a 1.75 of liquor. What bugged me about some of the prior elections I participated in when I lived in CO-5 was that we had some very fine retired Army/USAF generals running for the GOP nomination in that district but the people gave Lamborn the nod. We could've had truly capable people representing us in CO-5 but for whatever reason voters picked the worst of the lot to represent them. Oh well.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado