U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 04:44 PM

27 posts, read 112,743 times

Advertisements

If I had $1.2 million to spend, I'd choose Boulder. It's my own bias, but I just like that it is a smaller town and at the edge of the mountains. I love Denver too, but I just think quality of life would be a little better with a $1.2 million house in Boulder. Or, you could buy a moderate house in Denver and a second one in the mountains.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 05:34 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,166,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumgai187 View Post
Or, you could buy a moderate house in Denver and a second one in the mountains.
That's actually a great idea. I'll keep that in mind!!

Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 PM

1,331 posts, read 4,768,823 times
If it were me, I would pick near Boulder. So very close to the mountains ( to me it's IN them, not to others though).
It is super easy to get to Denver, but why bother. Don't everyone attack me at once,....I grew up there!!!
I would pick Evergreen or Genessee Park. No cookie cutter stuff...one has a great view in BOTH directions and, you can get anywhere FAST!! Including the ski resorts, Denver, and,...it isn't hard to find neighborhoods that are family oriented with tons of things you like to do!!
I love that area and, to me, it is a little bit of Both worlds!!

Old 07-28-2008, 07:35 PM

40 posts, read 147,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
UTorCO wrote:
I know...and I did visit. It's just really hard to pick a spot during a one week visit. I think it takes time to get to know an area well enough to get a real "feel" for it.
That's the reality of it. Pick a place and make a 1 year committment only. Rent rather than buy. Don't tie yourself down. While you're renting, scope out the various neighborhoods in both Dnever and Boulder to get a better feel for where you'd like to put down roots. Or perhaps, you'll discover that neither place meets your needs. Go into it without an open mind.
I know, and a few years ago I would have done just this. However, we have kids who have already been moved a couple of times so there is just no way I am going to change their schools when we arrive and then again a year or so later. I feel guilty enough that we are moving them again this time, but work requires it....Hence, my hope that I can find somewhere I really like, make the best decision with as much information as possible because wherever we land is going to be home for a long time and we will make the best of it!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:53 PM

2,015 posts, read 5,261,926 times
UT or CO? Hmmm $1.2 mil I would buy a home in CO and a home in UT.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 AM

3 posts, read 5,494 times
Default Try Our Area - Morrison

If you are leaning away from Boulder and towards Denver, you might want to look at the area I live in now. Our mailing address is Morrison, but its the Willowbrook, Willow Springs subdivisions C-470 & Belleview. Private country club, HOA owned private hiking and biking trails, deer, elk and other wildlife...the homes run from about $400K to $2 Million, about 20-25 minutes from downtown and quick easy access about 5-7 miles south of Golden, to I-70 and the mountains. We love it here in the foothills and it might be worth checking into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado