U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-29-2008, 03:00 PM
 
87 posts, read 382,272 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

Hi there,
We are considering a move to CO and my husband has seen companies in both Denver and Boulder that interest him so we are considering moving to somewhere in between the two so commute to either city is manageable.

We had been looking at Lakewood, Centennial, Littleton and even Highlands Ranch at first but weren't sure if those are commuteable to Boulder if we ever had to change jobs etc. so thought we'd get some info on areas north of Denver as well.

Any suggestions on family friendly burbs that would fit the bill? We would like a 4 bed single family under 300k or so in a good school district. I am just looking for a jumping off point to start the search so any info on neighborhoods is appreciated. I'd like something close to hills/scenery if at all possible- don't need a view of it but to be close would be nice

TIA
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-29-2008, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
5,610 posts, read 21,562,499 times
Reputation: 5397
Wrong forum. Move this to the Denver forum to get a better response.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 04:44 PM
 
Location: N.E. I-95 corridor
792 posts, read 2,909,191 times
Reputation: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA-PA-TX? View Post
We are considering a move to CO and my husband has seen companies in both Denver and Boulder that interest him so we are considering moving to somewhere in between the two so commute to either city is manageable.
Give more specifics. Where in Boulder (e.g. Gunbarrel)? Where in Denver (e.g. Lakewood, DTC, C-AP)? What line of work does he do, just curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA-PA-TX? View Post
We had been looking at Lakewood, Centennial, Littleton and even Highlands Ranch at first but weren't sure if those are commuteable to Boulder if we ever had to change jobs etc. so thought we'd get some info on areas north of Denver as well.
Are the possible jobs in/around Lakewood, Centennial, Littleton? The only one commutable IMO to Boulder would be Lakewood but still a haul. Maybe Arvada and Golden are in the middle (on 93 and close to 470).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA-PA-TX? View Post
Any suggestions on family friendly burbs that would fit the bill? We would like a 4 bed single family under 300k or so in a good school district. I am just looking for a jumping off point to start the search so any info on neighborhoods is appreciated. I'd like something close to hills/scenery if at all possible- don't need a view of it but to be close would be nice TIA
I would seriously consider renting first for a year before jumping into anything (i.e. house or a new job) too soon. It seems that you want to be "equi-distant" to work centers in Boulder and metro Denver incase for whatever reason something went down and you had to change gears quickly without having to take on a brutal commute.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
90,377 posts, read 109,174,918 times
Reputation: 35920
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA-PA-TX? View Post
Hi there,
We are considering a move to CO and my husband has seen companies in both Denver and Boulder that interest him so we are considering moving to somewhere in between the two so commute to either city is manageable.

We had been looking at Lakewood, Centennial, Littleton and even Highlands Ranch at first but weren't sure if those are commuteable to Boulder if we ever had to change jobs etc. so thought we'd get some info on areas north of Denver as well.

Any suggestions on family friendly burbs that would fit the bill? We would like a 4 bed single family under 300k or so in a good school district. I am just looking for a jumping off point to start the search so any info on neighborhoods is appreciated. I'd like something close to hills/scenery if at all possible- don't need a view of it but to be close would be nice

TIA
If you are moving here w/o a job I would keep it central-ish at first till you find the jobs. In that case, I would agree with renting for a while. I'd say, not too far 'one the edge' in any one direction until you land the jobs. Then look for your house. You will not find a lot that meet your criteria, but they're out there if you look hard enough (which would also require being here).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 10:12 PM
 
Location: N.E. I-95 corridor
792 posts, read 2,909,191 times
Reputation: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If you are moving here w/o a job I would keep it central-ish at first till you find the jobs. In that case, I would agree with renting for a while. I'd say, not too far 'one the edge' in any one direction until you land the jobs. Then look for your house. You will not find a lot that meet your criteria, but they're out there if you look hard enough (which would also require being here).
Very well said. I agree w/Katiana.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2008, 04:24 AM
tao
 
Location: Colorado
721 posts, read 3,040,764 times
Reputation: 939
Broomfield is halfway between Boulder and Denver - it's about a 20 minute drive to either Boulder or Denver. Westminster is also halfway between the two, though perhaps a little bit closer to Denver.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2008, 10:09 AM
 
87 posts, read 382,272 times
Reputation: 32
Hi All,
Thanks for responding. Yes we are trying to be located in between in case work situation changes at some point. My husband is an art director for internet and there are agencies in both Denver and Boulder that he is interested in. I will look at the places suggested. I see Broomfield seems to fit my criteria mostly. I was there once briefly on a business trip and seem to recall that it was a pretty new looking city.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2008, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
90,377 posts, read 109,174,918 times
Reputation: 35920
First of all, I see I was even more tired than I felt last night, after a hard day at work, LOL! I made several typos, including in my last post on this thread. I meant not on one edge, ie, neither far north, south, east or west. Broomfield is a nice place, IMO. I would do a search on this forum for information about it. My kids' did gymnastics at Broomfield High for 7 yrs total, and I came to know Bfld well and like it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top