Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 05:14 PM

9 posts, read 96,197 times

Advertisements

I am visiting Denver this weekend but will also have a couple of days to kill, so am thinking about going to RMNP. So, I am wanting to stay somewhere closer to the park, whether it is estes or wherever. NOw, I have noticed that estes is quite an expensive little place to stay! Just wondering if anyone knows of anyplace inexpensive in or around estes, a motel or cabins or anything.... would like to stay below $70 a night (go ahead and laugh!) Dont' know if this is possible or not. Just wanted to be a little closer to the park than denver since i won't haVe much time there.

Any suggestions would be helpful! thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 05:47 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,147,243 times
Your best bet might be Travelodge or Super 8, but probably will still be over $70. My suggestion would be to look in Loveland. It is closer than Denver to RMNP, and hotels are cheaper. The drive through the canyon to Estes Park is very pretty too.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:19 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
There's always camping . Even that though (in the park) is $20/night.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Rocky Mountain National Park is one of the few places I have ever visited where I wished I had brought my own air. The place is spectacular but the alitude can make you really sick. The cure is more oxygen.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:48 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,081,422 times
If you need more air (and please don't blast me for this!)
Get the POD....it's made in Breckenridge and sold in the pharmacy/vitamin part of Walmart!
It is the size of a small small can of hairspray and has 40 to 50 breaths.
It is for hiking/biking, etc and gives you the "boost" and.......helps with altitude!!!!! Also very good for hangovers but, I digress!!!
POD stands for....personal oxygen device and,..it weighs nothing!!!!!!
I think everyone should get one just because!!
It is as small or smaller than your typical bottle of water and is super lightweight!! When I checkout in Walmart, the cashier often says "is there anything in this?"......It's 95% oxygen and 5% nitrogen.
When my DH takes a few breaths (for whatever reason) he's up at night! DO IT!!! It certainly can't hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JMO!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 03:08 AM

188 posts, read 933,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellykc View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows of anyplace inexpensive in or around estes, a motel or cabins or anything.... would like to stay below $70 a night (go ahead and laugh!) Dont' know if this is possible or not.
There are some pretty nice cabins at the KOA just east of town, we stayed
there and the price was below $70 in the middle of the summer. You will
need your own bed linens, and there is no bathroom in the cabin, but well worth it for the price. My answer is probably too late for you now, I know,
but might help someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado