Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:48 AM

2 posts, read 5,078 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of relocating to the Denver area - preferably Parker.

I am interested in what people think about the need for an alternative healthcare provider, specifically a naturopathic doctor, in that area. I would appreciate any thoughts / opinions that you may have.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 08:27 AM

1,652 posts, read 4,337,439 times
Colorado doesn't regulate Naturpaths...so caveat emptor. There are a lot of quacks out there with correspondence degrees and certs from non-accredited schools. My girlfriend chose not to practice in Colorado because of that.

Check out this site: Welcome :: Colorado Association of Naturopathic Physicians - Golden, CO

Old 09-26-2008, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 5,078 times
I am aware there isn't any licensure in place yet. I am a licensed ND from an accredited school (SCNM- Tempe, AZ) and will be taking part in the effort to get licensure.
Thanks for the info though... where did your girlfriend decide to practice?

Old 09-26-2008, 11:48 AM

She went to school in Portland OR ... can't recall which school it was but she went through 5 yrs of an accredited program in Homeopathy and A.K. She bought a practice here in Maine where they license NDs. One of her classmates is setting up shop in Connecticut.

Her biz is thriving out here, 1 year into it. She met with a local M.D. who recently became and N.D. as well, and he signed off as part of her first year state license renewal, which I understand was a pretty big deal. She's keeping really busy, that's for sure. Cash and carry only, no insurance company B.S.

We'll see how the business stands up against this joke of an economy we get to deal with in the coming months/years.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:35 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,567,418 times
Just curious...
Aren't the natural healing methods (homeopathy, acupuncture, etc.) the traditional medicine and the "modern" medicine the alternative? Just a thought on the thread title. Traditional practices that have been used for centuries shouldn't be called "alternative" when compared to modern practices that have only been used for a few decades, or less. My $.02!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
Just curious...
Aren't the natural healing methods (homeopathy, acupuncture, etc.) the traditional medicine and the "modern" medicine the alternative? Just a thought on the thread title. Traditional practices that have been used for centuries shouldn't be called "alternative" when compared to modern practices that have only been used for a few decades, or less. My $.02!
no argument from me...you're right.

we are the "Medicated Nation"...dick pills, depression pills, happy pills, heart pills, pee pills....you name it, we got it. And a lot of fancy advertising and tireless lobbying and greedmongering to push this crap to the market through doctors and hospitals who are run by the insurance industry and its pigmen...

Old 09-28-2008, 09:01 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,345,034 times
^^^Though many of the "alternative" practitioners have their patients taking all sorts of vitamins, herbs, and other concoctions, eating wierd foods and food combinations, and so forth.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^^Though many of the "alternative" practitioners have their patients taking all sorts of vitamins, herbs, and other concoctions, eating wierd foods and food combinations, and so forth.
this is true...for me, my dabblings in synthetic medications go about as far as aspirin or ibuprofen when I'm really hurting. I'd rather eat right and take herbs than put synthetic chemicals in my body.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:05 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,352,928 times
I've tried that whole homeopathic thing. It didn't do a damn thing for me. I'll stick with antibiotics and narcotics.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,691,628 times
Shuffles, did you just say you live in Maine now? I thought you live in Boulder County?

What up wit dat?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado