Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 06:15 PM

13 posts, read 22,517 times

Advertisements

I've always felt that my life needs to lead somewhere unknown and for some reason that road has always led West. The furthest West I've ever been is Bowling Green, OH for a concert. I've lived in Ohio for most of my life and now I live in Palm Beach, FL. Colorado has always sparked an interest in me. It seems very majestic. I am no city person although I do like to be somewhat near a store or a theater. Well, back to the plot of this long posting. I have an associates in Computer Networking but not sure if it is what I want to do. I think I'm more concerned with being happy then doing what I love, if the two don't jive hand-in-hand. It's very hard for a 20 year old with a fiance to save the bucks to take a trip out to the big CO, and if I were to do this I'd prefer to know exactly what i want to find out and what I want to see for myself.
I love the woods and the country. I see myself as an adventurer looking up to icons like Bear Grylles and Les Stroud. I could never live a life with no adventure and Colorado seems to have a little bit of everything. I just want to know a lot about Colorado but nothing very specific. lol..Here I am type typing away into the computer on some forum (which I enjoy very much, the creator of this site needs a high-five; along with all the contributers!) Moving on. If there are any raw nature adventurists out there, hows the weather, the kayaking, rock climbing, hiking, camping whatever anyone can think of. And to the professionals and business gurus: would a 2 year tech degree get me anywhere in Colorado? What city is expected to have the most growth? If not a tech career what else does CO have to offer?
For the people that can call themselves natives, and born and bred: where is the housing cheap and decent. Where's a good place to start your life? What is it like, is it everything the commercials say it is, if your not a rich skier is it worth while, if you are a rich skier, is the skiing good?
For anyone who has come from far away with a story similiar to my begginnings and made it: was it worth it? Am I in over my head, or just fooled by the illusion of a CO that only exists in travel posters?
I know this thread is entirely impulsive and asks a lot, it also lends a good read and may cover some topics already posted BUT I feel it will help me, and I feel that it will develop into quite a posting that may be entertaining to a lot...Maybe.
There's a lot I will not know about Colorado until I visit, and there's probably a lot I will never know but before I go there and even consider it as the start to my life I want to use the digital world to the best of my advantages. And this forum, is sometimes as entertaining as prime time television.
Thanks for reading, and thank you if you post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 07:58 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,669,721 times
You can find tech jobs in Denver. You can find reasonably priced housing in the Denver area. You can be in the mountains, to primo ski resorts, in an hour. You can find all of the outdoor adventures that you want in one to two hours. You don't have to live in the mountains to benefit from all of the great outdoor activities. In fact, the mountain communities that are affordable won't have many job opportunities and probably no tech jobs.

I started my Colorado adventure as a 20-something ski bum, living in poverty at a ski resort. Great fun but sharing a one bedroom apartment with three other girls and scrounging for food got old after a couple of years.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 AM

13 posts, read 22,517 times
Smile Thanks

Hey thanks, its great to be able to hear information about places just from typing some sentences on a website. Thanks for the reply Colorado sounds better and better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: