Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Considering move out west towards mountains, Montana, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, seeking pros and cons of living in Colorado area

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:48 AM

431 posts, read 2,793,208 times

Advertisements

I can't help but notice you keep mentioning the lack of trees? Not in the mountains, just the plains. Unless you mean if not a jungle then no trees? Different kind than Florida but we certainly have trees. Many are volunteer trees too, not just planted by human. When you leave one area there is bound to be things that you trade off for. If you are not willing to do that. Then maybe you should stay where you are. Everyone likes different things. Myself, if I lived in Florida and was thinking of moving I would looking for clean clear skies that I can see stars etc, clean clear ponds and creeks. I certainly would not miss the chocolate colored water. The alligators that kill all the domestic pets or chase you when you go fishing so that if you catch something, you have to run to a golf cart to out run them so you can keep your fish. Humid sticky hot so your clothes have to be changed several times a day. Living most of the yr cooped up inside somewhere for air conditioning. I may have to go thro lots of lotion but not talcum powder. And bugs! I did not know that so many in such numbers existed. Yes I have been to Central Florida and that was my experiences in that area. Supposed to be at a protected Senior Living Condos. Geez! So in my mind, there are bad and good everywhere and people get used to most anything. Just make up your mind what is more important to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 12:02 PM

8 posts, read 37,848 times
HA! Couldn't have said it better Nadine!
I'm used to green but I LONG for DRY and deep blue skies and ofcourse less bugs!!!!
Anywhere you move to, there will be adjustment for sure- And if I get an itch for "more" trees, I'll go hiking up in the mountains!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado