Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 02:38 PM

62 posts, read 263,375 times

Advertisements

I lived in VA (Hampton Roads & Richmond) my whole life and moved to COS in 2004. After 4 years my wife and I decided to move back to the east coast to be near family (We chose Raleigh NC). 3 months later we packed up our stuff and came back to CO and glad to be back.

It was nice being near the coast and all that the east coast has to offer however there is something very special about CO once you have had a chance to live here its tough to want to live anywhere else.

I still miss my family but the quality of life in CO far exceeds that on the east coast. Either way there will be some sacrafice just depends on your priorities. Hope my experience helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 02:51 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,364,938 times
I think the East Coast is awesome, especially Maine. I'd move to Maine in a heartbeat IF I could have a secure job, and have access to world-class cycling and dirt biking. The rural character of Maine and the lack of urban sprawl is extremely appealing to me, but it's all negated by the economy and lack of recreation in comparison to Colorado.

I'm convinced that all things which make Colorado so appealing to the swarming masses will ultimately lead to its demise, but until that day comes it's still a pretty awesome place to be.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:38 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
My dad's family was from Colorado so growing up and being an army brat, I always considered it a home state. So when I had a chance I ended up living there for 7 years. It was something I had to do. Now I've done it, I'm glad I did. But it got to the point where I was not enjoying it anymore.

Colorado had also changed a lot since I was a kid in the 80's. Denver just is too big for me now and the mountains are not what they used to be either. The cost of living was just too much as well for what I thought I was getting in return. I found Colorado is a bit over hyped.

I moved back to Pennsylvania where i live in what is considered one of the nicest small towns in the USA. It's much cheaper to live here, the bike trails are much better, there are plenty of outdoor activities and sports, the seasons are much more balanced without big extremes in weather, etc. NYC and Philly are 4-5 hours away, Vermont 5 hours away, CT, 5 hours away, Toronto 5 hours away, there is a lot that is an easy drive away.

Overall I'm much happier and I figure I can visit CO anytime I want and probably will once or twice next year.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:09 PM

454 posts, read 1,224,862 times
I diffently couldn't afford to move back to Maryland due to how much it cost to live there. I lived in HavreDeGrace for along time but I could never afford any housing there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado