Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:52 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times

Advertisements

Thank you!

Photobucket is how I post my pics but I did find out that if I use AOL it does not work so I open a browser and it works great!

Good luck I cant wait to see your pics, and next time you come you must visit the Riverwalk, they have fixed it up nicely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 02:59 PM

Some views of the mountains from Pueblo West!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:18 PM

The Spanish Peaks from Pueblo West.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:21 PM

Another view of the Mountains from Pueblo West. So now when someone says Pueblo has no view of the mountains, you can point them to this site!!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 11:47 AM

About the same view as before but I thought I would post it anyway!

Old 01-03-2009, 02:21 PM

9 posts, read 68,088 times
Happy New Year to Pueblo and Pueblo West folks!

A pick of early morning sunrise from golf course in PWest -
Attached Thumbnails
Pueblo - General Info-cosunrisejan22009.jpg  

Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 PM

17,998 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Well that's all very nice. No copyrights infringed upon, right? I found it interesting reading and I know it's what you've been saying since November or whenever, just be careful. You could link to a site rather than post all of that. There again, I don't mind because it was a nice read for me.

Now that Grupo Cemento de Chihuahua Plant, how's it doing these days? I used to see a bunch of dudes driving northward from the Stem Beach exit in the evening and haven't seen that traffic for a while. Is it still fully operational?

We could sure use an Aztec Fire Ceremony about now. I'll bring the marshmallows and some Bratz.

I've got family (a cousin who used to work and live in Gilette Wyoming) and friends working for the Excel/Commanche plant and that's great.

I also have a couple of friends that work at the aformentioned place that builds those 300 ft rails or whatever, and one of them is in the process of becoming a certified welder. They used to work for the long-since defunct Columbia House (a source of jobs for many in Pueblo and Walsenburg located at the once bustling DoRay Lamp Company Industrial building located off of exit 71 in Colorado City). The other guy has to pay his dues grinding those things down. That's not your everyday job.

Whatever happened to Eupec and how many jobs were lost when they shut down? I would have thought they'd accompany any work being done in the destruction of the mustard gas at the Chemical Depot Project via the technology of monitoring the flows of liquid/gas through a pipeline.

How many were/are being laid off at Trane? How many jobs were lost in the Industrial Park when Boeing pulled out of Pueblo? How many other jobs have suffered in that park as well?

The Riverwalk Project is great and all, but they better not mess with our favorite Friday lunch establishment; Patti's. The Convention Center Expansion project got voted down. I was disappointed. It's everybody's let's eat dirt and stay home and not drive and suck moisture out of our rain gutters and our two-ply-per-wipe-Sheryl-Crow mentality that are feeding people's fears.

Now let's talk about your wonderful coveted Pueblo Springs project; 70,000 new homes? What about the 10,000 empty brand-new homes in and throughout Pueblo West? The last frontier and flicker of hope that has been Pueblo County?

So, outside of Vestas and the scorching of some Mustard gas, what exactly is gonna sustain growth and jobs here in the Pueblo "Metro" area, enough for some 200,000 people that are likely to inhabit this sector of the state? Surely they're not gonna manufacture cars? That's a booming industry.

Believe me Josse, if you were onto something and could truly predict the when, the where, and the how, we'd like to know. When Eupec shut down, some their company's employees came to our little plant out in Colorado City looking for employment; for a 30K/year sales job! One of them... landed a job with us. Another came to work for us in the housekeeping capacity for a bit. I ain't believing JACK until I see some pay stubs. Outside of that, this is all a bunch of fluff! That's the last thing Pueblo needs is hope. Pueblo is used to being down and dull.

I think Colorado Springs and Denver need not worry about the morning commute heading south anytime soon.

But nice pics! Keep em' coming!

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-04-2009 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 01-04-2009, 09:45 PM

McGowDog,

You said a lot.

Let me just talk about Pueblo Springs. I was told by Pueblo Economic Development Corporation that a number of the people who move there will be from Fort Carson.

More importantly though the developers will start a tech park, the Pueblo Springs Tech Park. To get companies to move there, the developers will:

1. build the building and give it to the company
2. Pay for the companies moving expense
3. pay for all the companies employees moving expense.

Then once the tech park gets started other companies will move in to locate by the major ones who have moved here. That has the potential to be a major player in Pueblo's efforts in recruiting primary employers. Perhaps Pueblo will not be the size of Denver or the Springs but we have a good chance of being a nice city of 250,000 people in the near future.

As far as Patties, that has a interesting history let me just say that I have heard she has no problem if the developers of the Grand Gardens want to buy the property for a nice profit. lol

As far as my information, I sited the source so no copy right infringement.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:55 PM

Tell it to the judge. Just be careful on the ostingpay of more than three entencesay's. You'll see it in the terms of service here.

What will Pinon Canyon's shutting down of military expansion do to the prospects of this Pueblo Springs?

Will this Pueblo Economic Development Corporation be involved with military operations in anyway? If not, then what kind of "companies" will this place attract?

Old 01-04-2009, 10:13 PM

There ya go, Josse. It's all you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
As far as Patties, that has a interesting history let me just say that I have heard she has no problem if the developers of the Grand Gardens want to buy the property for a nice profit.
The "she" you refer to is not "Patti" for those not in the know, but Judy. Sure they could buy her out, but it's a private entity and they do not have the authority to do this without a vote. And we the People of Pueblo say BUILD AROUND IT YOU FOOLS!!!!!!! She deserves RiverFront property on that there riverwalk. If she doesn't remain, I'm gonna turn that riverwalk into the Little Yellow River Band.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-04-2009 at 10:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado