Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:01 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Is Pueblo the kind of town where the kids want to get the heck out as soon as they graduate high school? Or are there plenty of people (attractive girls, especially) in their early to mid 20's there?
It depends you always have a percentage that want to live in a city like NYC or San Diego or LA, but even if people leave many tend to come back.

Pueblo is only 150,000 so it can be harder to meet people here then in a city like Denver or NYC, just a numbers game.

Overall though I think Puebloans tend to like their city more then people in other cities, why Pueblo did not drop much in population when the steel crisis of the 1980's hit while other steel cities lost population and are still losing population.\

That, also, shows in how Puebloan's then to invest in their city with such projects as the convention center and the Riverwalk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Good Grief! I was always under the impression it would be CS coming south, NOT Pueblo going north! I also recall, when living there, the speculation that eventually there would be nothing vacant from Denver to Pueblo along the interstate. Looks like that is coming to pass, huh?

A question, though, one I've not fully understood all the while, is why Pueblo West even sprung up? Was it flight from Pueblo proper, or just a simple expansion toward the mountains, to include the reservoir?

When I was stationed at the Reserve Center, one drilling unit procured a captain's gig from San Diego. After refitting it for a year, they took it out to the reservoir on drill weekends. The primary purpose was to train coxswains in the art of driving small boats when they were send on training duty to places like San Diego.

And, McGowDog, yes, I AM retired after giving 20+ years in service to my country. Lucky? Yes, I suppose so, lucky to have made it!
Pueblo West sprung up because of the reservoir. Personally I think it should some day be in the city, but that is a long shot at best.

As far as Pueblo growing north, yes we are as well as south, west and east. Why I think its only a matter of time before we pass Colorado Springs then Denver to be the states largest city (maybe not during my life time though lol).

I have even heard that it is possible that the city of Pueblo might annex some of the land in El Paso county (all south of the race track though), that they would rather be in Pueblo then Fountain.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:23 PM

17,998 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Vegas, that's the way I was. That's why I bolted up to Denver. Whether the girls are pretty or not wasn't the point. I could always drink them pretty.

But a guy wants his tree to fork, too. Not saying that we're all kin out here, but people from the smaller towns tend to get all up in your bus, IYNWIM. I don't want to date Suzy Floozy after John and Phillip and Mike and ... Charlie and whomever else did. YouknowwhatImean? Besides that, I needed a place where I could get a J.O.B. after college! BAUCK! It's sad, but it's the damn truth. Hopefully that will change after Josse and Pro and everybody corrals all this new business down here. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Josseppie: click here and go to my Colorado City 1 and 2 posts and you'll see a speck of that Gorge. You've lived in Pueblo County for how long and you haven't seen the Gorge? That's where my dad let me practice driving the old pickup. He also used to tell me to go play on the freeway.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-06-2009 at 01:32 PM..

Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,303,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Vegas, that's the way I was. That's why I bolted up to Denver. Whether the girls are pretty or not wasn't the point. I could always drink them pretty.

But a guy wants his tree to fork, too. Not saying that we're all kin out here, but people from the smaller towns tend to get all up in your bus, IYNWIM. I don't want to date Suzy Floozy after John and Phillip and Mike and ... Charlie and whomever else did. YouknowwhatImean?
Ewww... I know what you mean, no thanks!

Quote:
Besides that, I needed a place where I could get a J.O.B. after college! BAUCK! It's sad, but it's the damn truth. Hopefully that will change after Josse and Pro and everybody corrals all this new business down here. Wouldn't that be sweet?
I think it would be. Like I said earlier, in many ways I like Pueblo. I like the landscape, the desert-y vegetation, the fact that it's a tad bid warmer, sunnier, and drier than Denver, the raw, old-school, "authentic" feel of the town, the food, the diversity of cultures, its closeness to the pinion pine country and southern Rocky Mountains of southern Colorado and northern New Mexico that I love, and the fact that it's only 1:40 south of Denver, about the same distance from Denver as Tucson is from Phoenix. But realistically I doubt I could live there. There's more to life than just food and scenery, as important as those things are. I'm graduating with a MS in Accounting in four months, and need to get a job in my field. And I also need the coeds, and not the "Suzy Floozy" you were talking about... Realistically, Albuquerque is about the smallest city I could be happy living in at this point in time. And for all practical intents and purposes I'm about 90% likely to be right back in Denver four months from now. But sometimes I like to think "what if...." about places like Pueblo.

And Jossie, have you seen my Pueblo photos: //www.city-data.com/forum/color...ml#post4646850?

Old 01-06-2009, 03:07 PM

Great pictures you guys.

So I take it that Graneros Gorge is in Pueblo County? I had no idea that even existed, I will have to go check it out sometime. BTW I hear hatchet ranch is the next Pueblo West.

Also, if you think you guys have a hard time finding someone here, it is much more difficult for me since I am in a minority lol

As far as Albuquerque, its a nice city but my issue with them is they are so isolated. So yes they maybe 500,000 people but the next big city is a 6 hour drive, or longer. Pueblo is part of the Front Range Urban Corridor and there are million of people here and it is diverse.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:03 PM

162 posts, read 631,100 times

Why Our Community Run Parks Look Very Badly?

Why Our Semi-Goverment Run Parks Look Very Good? Also Pueblo Parks in worth shape in years! Last Two Pictures of Pueblo West Park.

All Picture from my personal myspace page!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proleadership03 View Post
I heard about about that, but part of Intersate 25 project. Maybe relocated the interstate outside of city limit and rebuilt I-25 as parkway north of downtown and as freeway south the river!
That was a option but they decided against it and are going to widen the existing interstate through the city if they ever get the money, last I hear close to 1.5 billion so I am not holding my breath lol

Very nice pics as well!

Last edited by Josseppie; 01-06-2009 at 09:37 PM..

Old 01-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Im not a fan of thunderbowl stadium, and Im biggest fan of Dutch Clark Stadium! Photo from flickr.com!

Old 01-08-2009, 11:06 PM

Default United States Air Force's Initial Flight Screening (IFS) program

Pueblo Memorial Airport is also home to the United States Air Force's Initial Flight Screening (IFS) program of the Air Education and Training Command (AETC), which began operations on 1 October 2006. Doss Aviation, under contract with the USAF, will conduct flight screening for between 1300 and 1700 USAF 2nd Lieutenants annually. As the gateway to USAF Aviation, Doss will provide initial flying training allowing students to successfully transition to Undergraduate Flying Training (Pilot and Combat Systems Officer) at one of several Air Force bases throughout the United States. The 45 acre IFS campus is located immediately adjacent to the Pueblo Memorial Airport, Pueblo, Colorado

This is known as the world's smallest air base lol

Old 01-10-2009, 02:33 PM

Default Pueblo Reservoir -- PHOTO THREAD

Taken from DOT RD, and about 1 mile east from airport city limits! My Picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado