Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 08:23 AM

17,983 posts, read 27,442,251 times

Advertisements

No, I disagree with you again here.

Denver Metro area is in fsct 3 million.

Pueblo is 108k or 0.108 million people. Pueblo County is about 160k or 0.160 million. Cañon City is about 35 miles from Pueblo as is CoSprings.

If you add Pueblo County with Fremont County, you get a little over .2 million, but who cares? You do, but no one else does.

Pueblo is a town that hasn't really grown in 50 years, nor will it grow in the next 50 years. It's big compared to Fowler, so there is that. But it's just an old town in southeast Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 10:17 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,451,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
No, I disagree with you again here.

Denver Metro area is in fsct 3 million.

Pueblo is 108k or 0.108 million people. Pueblo County is about 160k or 0.160 million. Cañon City is about 35 miles from Pueblo as is CoSprings.

If you add Pueblo County with Fremont County, you get a little over .2 million, but who cares? You do, but no one else does.

Pueblo is a town that hasn't really grown in 50 years, nor will it grow in the next 50 years. It's big compared to Fowler, so there is that. But it's just an old town in southeast Colorado.
It's a official statistic that defines the regions of "larger" areas by the federal government. The Pueblo region is 2 counties and 210,000 people. The Colorado Springs region is 2 counties and over 600,000 people and finally the Denver region is 5 counties and over 3 million people. Now obviously Pueblo has the most open space as it's the least populated but by definition it's a region. One reason why downtown is as large as it is and why the major highways are being widened to 6 lanes as the traffic in the area is that of a region that is over 200,000 people. A size I am content with as we do not have all the sprawl and traffic mess they have up north but have many of the same ammenities.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:44 PM

139 posts, read 221,622 times
Listen, I have personally been to Pueblo and the city is not as great as you make it out to be. The south side along I-25 is complete ghetto, worse than any parts of Denver, Colorado Springs, maybe even Albuquerque. The Citydata crime index is higher than New Haven, CT and the two cities have pretty equal populations (with New Haven being a bit bigger).

Old 10-20-2015, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenretriever1234 View Post
Listen, I have personally been to Pueblo and the city is not as great as you make it out to be. The south side along I-25 is complete ghetto, worse than any parts of Denver, Colorado Springs, maybe even Albuquerque. The Citydata crime index is higher than New Haven, CT and the two cities have pretty equal populations (with New Haven being a bit bigger).
Pueblo is not for everyone no city is. However if I felt unsafe I'd move.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:47 AM

17,983 posts, read 27,442,251 times
Bessemer is low income housing. Lake ave sucks but towards Minnequa and St Mary Corwin, there are attempts to rejuvenate it a bit.

The South end as you go west is ok. The areas north up to the extreme west and north section are very blighted. The east side is notoriously bad.

I could care less about Denver and its new tract condos with their traffic and their $2000.000+ rentals.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:30 AM

977 posts, read 1,327,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I could care less about Denver and its new tract condos with their traffic and their $2000.000+ rentals.
Lessers always say that as a way of compensation when measured against their betters.

Pueblo is what it is- a small city in an agricultural region that has suffered a few decades of economic distress. Because of a lack of growth it's maintained a homogeneous local culture that is little changed from 20 years ago (which is both good and bad) and also has a low cost of living (along with nice southwest weather) that makes it an inviting area to retire for those on fixed incomes.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Lessers always say that as a way of compensation when measured against their betters.

Pueblo is what it is- a small city in an agricultural region that has suffered a few decades of economic distress. Because of a lack of growth it's maintained a homogeneous local culture that is little changed from 20 years ago (which is both good and bad) and also has a low cost of living (along with nice southwest weather) that makes it an inviting area to retire for those on fixed incomes.
The city of Pueblo has grown some and is the only manufacturing town in the USA at its peak population. However the Pueblo region has seen moderate growth and is now close to 210,000 people. That being said I use to want Pueblo to see a lot of growth till I saw what it does (just drive on I 25 north of Denver or C 470 or Powers in the Springs to see what I mean). You guys can have it especially when Pueo has most of the same ammenities you guys have.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:35 PM

139 posts, read 221,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
The city of Pueblo has grown some and is the only manufacturing town in the USA at its peak population. However the Pueblo region has seen moderate growth and is now close to 210,000 people. That being said I use to want Pueblo to see a lot of growth till I saw what it does (just drive on I 25 north of Denver or C 470 or Powers in the Springs to see what I mean). You guys can have it especially when Pueo has most of the same ammenities you guys have.
Now, I agree with you. I came from eastern Colorado towns of Sterling and Haxtun, and now live in Greeley. I miss eastern Colorado. Dad grew up in Greeley in the '70s when only about 25,000 lived there. That number is up to 98,000 today, over 100,000 if you include Evans. Pueblo's growth is very moderate compared to Greeley/Loveland/Fort Collins.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenretriever1234 View Post
Now, I agree with you. I came from eastern Colorado towns of Sterling and Haxtun, and now live in Greeley. I miss eastern Colorado. Dad grew up in Greeley in the '70s when only about 25,000 lived there. That number is up to 98,000 today, over 100,000 if you include Evans. Pueblo's growth is very moderate compared to Greeley/Loveland/Fort Collins.
Yup even if you look out 25-50 years there is only one proposed large development. How many does northern Colorado or Denver have? More then you can count I bet. That will mean even more sprawl.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:07 PM

Talking Unemployment rate improving in Pueblo

There has been a lot of good news about the local economy this year from the sellers market with houses and how manufacturing buildings and ag land has doubled in a year to now this from KOAA. Honestly with the Pueblo region getting close to 210,000 and now this Pueblo has more then exceeded my expectations of where it would be in 2015 30 years ago in 1985 during the economic collapse.

Note: There is a video clip in the story as well.

PUEBLO COUNTY -
The latest jobs report from the state reveals Pueblo County no longer has the worst unemployment rate among metro areas.

In October, Pueblo jumped ahead of the Grand Junction metro area with a 4.6% unemployment rate compared to Grand Junction's 4.7%. It is a 1% increase from October 2014, with new businesses coming to town and the boom of the marijuana industry in the county.

New PEDCO president Jeff Shaw says it is all about teamwork. "It's years of efforts and what's going on on locating companies, on what we're doing to bring in jobs," he says, "but also what out partners are doing on getting workforce ready, getting employers ready, what the schools are doing, what the higher ed is doing, having the total package."

The link: Unemployment rate improving in Pueblo - KOAA.com | Continuous News | Colorado Springs and Pueblo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado