Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 11:52 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times

Advertisements

Thanks Girl and DoubleH for your appreciation of a place off the beaten path at bit. I'm no photographer and I'm just taking pics on my 2MegaPix EnV (taken on the second to largest res in order to be able to email it) lately because it's so easy to get the pics to my desktop and photo place from it.

The DoubleSecret Probation is sort of a reference to one of my favorite John Belshi flicks.

Here's a serene little sunset from I-25 looking west;

Here's a couple from Liberty Point in P-Dub. Those fortunate enough to live up there have homes that rock stars would appreciate;

This one is heading up 165 from Colorado City to Rye;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 03:22 PM

85 posts, read 262,749 times
I've lived in Pueblo West for 20 years now, this is the 2nd home we bought out here, still own the first and are renting it out along with 2 small homes in Pueblo. Being in our 60's this area is fine for us. Our 30ish kids all moved to larger cities, Denver, Phoenix, and Austin. They don't care for Pueblo. We lived in San Diego years ago and it is even more crowded and expensive now, we visit family there occasionally. It's really a personal thing, I like it here but I understand why the kids wanted to move somewhere bigger.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:13 AM

59 posts, read 228,490 times
I just got two words for you: Pass Key.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 AM

There is that. The Original (though it may have moved a block or two away from it's real original location) would be take the Abriendo exit and a couple blocks on the right.

Some call it a Grinder, some call it Italian Sausage Sandwich, but the Pass Key with or without the three types of cheese on it...unbeatable!

The Pass Key on the north side actually has a decent Green Chile. Weird.

The one in Pueblo West may have closed down or changed hands already. Can anyone confirm this?

The Pass Key, like other joints in Pueblo-has weird hours. Not open on certain days. So if you plan on going there, plan ahead.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:46 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pueblosucks View Post
Pueblo sucks. It is one of the worst places on the entire planet. For more information please visit The Real Pueblo

Sorry
That's actually kinda funny. Pueblo reminds my of a much bigger version of where I came from in Ohio. Lots of closed down industry, no jobs, crime, meth problems, etc.

P-Dub ain't too bad though. I do love the resiviour (sp?)

Old 07-04-2008, 01:24 PM

87 posts, read 458,527 times
I moved here from Boston a little over a week ago. My whole family loves it out here. Jobs are proving to be tough to get though.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:38 PM

104 posts, read 376,543 times
Pueblo has lost some luster since the mills shut down in the '80s but there are some nice neighborhoods. I took a short side trip looking for gas and groceries once and past by some very nice homes. Lots up for rent and the going rates were in the $14k range (check out the real estate magazines at convenience stores).. Google Pueblo for more.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:11 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,717,719 times
There are nice things about Pueblo: still retains an ethnic flavor more like the older parts of eastern towns/cities, there are very nice areas of old housing with large trees, it is close to a lot of mountain territor and interesting weekend trips; they are run by people who really do care about people and are constantly starting new community projects.

Jobs are hard for some, but there is opportunity for the middle class, and housing is inexpensive. Lots of self owned business owners that lend a great atmosphere to the older parts of town and enough chain stores on the periphery if you like that stuff.

I myself don't understand why you would live in Pueblo West when you could get a great old house in the more established parts of towns near city parts, but to each their own.

The only thing I don't like is the arrid climate, just slightly worse than Denver in the summer.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pueblosucks View Post
Pueblo sucks. It is one of the worst places on the entire planet. For more information please visit The Real Pueblo

Sorry
Class act and nice screen name.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:33 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
The Real Pueblo, huh? OK. You might have had cause to feel that way if you were one of the thousands who lost their jobs at CF&I. Or the hundreds of jobs lost in the support industry, connected to the plant. Which included some industry in Walsenburg, Trinidad, and Raton, N.M. Then again, that was 23 years ago. I'm guessing 1.5 million have moved into this state since, maybe 2 million. Pueblo could have folded their tent but didn't. It looked at 9 to 12% unemployment for years, but they brought the area back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado