Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 02:39 PM

8 posts, read 13,159 times

Advertisements

We are moving to colorado in july and have narrowed down to 3 cities.....

Broomfield
Ft. Collins
Westminster

Based on these... cleanest, safest, inexpensive, upper class, things nearby to do and quiet. Which we be a good choice with myself 44 and single with my 2 kids 19 and 15 and I don't work.

We need everyones opinion as we are from california andf don't know much about colorado, but know we want to live there from previous visits. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 04:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Just my opinion here:

Go with either Broomfield or Westminster. Ft. Collins is a college town. The 19 yr old might like it, and the 15 yr old could be a "wannabee", but I doubt you would. I'd pick Broomfield, myself.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:23 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,921,996 times
Quote:
Based on these... cleanest, safest, inexpensive, upper class,
I'm not sure if you're going to find all these in one place. The catch is the 'inexpensive' and 'upper class' requirement, although that is subjective. Coming from CA, you might find the whole Front Range inexpensive

Old 02-01-2009, 09:19 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,177,205 times
A lot would depend upon your budget for housing, as well as what your interests are in recreation/shopping/entertainment.

Not sure what you mean by "upper class" ... are you speaking of gated communities with lots of high dollar shopping nearby, fancy restaurants, and not having to rub elbows with blue collar folks when you're outside doing whatever it is you envision yourself doing for recreation since you don't have to work for a living? Are you looking for a "country club" environment with exclusive use of golf courses, tennis courts, gyms, indoor racquet courts, members-only dining, and social activities? That, too, can be had in the Front Range, although your choices of locales wouldn't be among them ....

"clean" and "safe" can be readily found all along the Front Range. "inexpensive" is another matter altogether ....

Old 02-01-2009, 09:50 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
You are single with a school age kid and no job? Are you financialy independent, or is the 19 yr old working?

Old 02-01-2009, 02:24 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,401,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by officer154 View Post
We are moving to colorado in july and have narrowed down to 3 cities.....

Broomfield
Ft. Collins
Westminster

Based on these... cleanest, safest, inexpensive, upper class, things nearby to do and quiet. Which we be a good choice with myself 44 and single with my 2 kids 19 and 15 and I don't work.

We need everyones opinion as we are from california andf don't know much about colorado, but know we want to live there from previous visits. Thanks
"inexpensive"..."upperclass"... I assume bowling is out of the question

All municipalities in Denver Metro have many neighborhoods "cleanest, safest".. and have "...nearby things to do and quiet.." because that is what Colorado is all about: inexpensive, safe, clean places to go and get away, from the noise of life.

I have started a thread about places to go to hike and bike and go to parks--they are everywhere and nearby. In addition we have the Rocky Mountains and the wonderful expansive solitude of The Great Plains. So there are many choices, it is up to you to choose. Look at my thread, perhaps it can help

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...ike-parks.html

Livecontent

Old 02-15-2009, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You are single with a school age kid and no job? Are you financialy independent, or is the 19 yr old working?
I'm basically retired at 44, stable and independent. My 19 yr old will be part time in colorado and part in new york. We are moving to colorado to be closer to my youngest son which is in longmont.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post

All municipalities in Denver Metro have many neighborhoods "cleanest, safest".. and have "...nearby things to do and quiet.." because that is what Colorado is all about: inexpensive, safe, clean places to go and get away, from the noise of life.

I have started a thread about places to go to hike and bike and go to parks--they are everywhere and nearby. In addition we have the Rocky Mountains and the wonderful expansive solitude of The Great Plains. So there are many choices, it is up to you to choose. Look at my thread, perhaps it can help

Livecontent
Matter of fact I love to bowl, by upper class, I mean in a rich neighborhood. We were looking at broomfield or westminster. I'm not stuck up, just like to be around middle to upper class, that's all. Not trying to offend anyone.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post

Livecontent
What is the front range in colorado? I don't understand.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:07 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
"inexpensive" but in a "rich neighborhood" ?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado