Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 PM

15 posts, read 44,581 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,

My husband and I were in the Denver area last week, as he was interviewing and we house-hunted. We looked around the Springs area, and also, up in Berthoud. Before we make any decision regarding where to live, IF he goes with one of two job offers, I wanted to inquire about Broomfield...

We are empty-nesters, 50-somethings looking for a ranch with 3 BR and 2BA, plus basement...preferably near open space. We would like to keep the cost at about $225,000. We are not fixer-uppers, so an older house would not work for us.

My main concern is not knowing the neighborhoods.

Some of you have been great with answering my questions before and I sincerely appreciate your time and trouble. Thanks in advance for anything you can provide this time.

Lucy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 08:58 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyontheprairie View Post

We are empty-nesters, 50-somethings looking for a ranch with 3 BR and 2BA, plus basement...preferably near open space. We would like to keep the cost at about $225,000. We are not fixer-uppers, so an older house would not work for us.

My main concern is not knowing the neighborhoods.
I don't think there would be any places to avoid in Broomfield.

Search at cohomefinder.com, there are twenty-one 3/2 ranches under $225K in Broomfield on the market right now.

You could also look in nearby Westminster.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I don't think there would be any places to avoid in Broomfield.

Search at cohomefinder.com, there are twenty-one 3/2 ranches under $225K in Broomfield on the market right now.

You could also look in nearby Westminster.
The above is true. Broomfield has older and newer neighborhoods; a lot of diversity. The older houses will probably be less expensive. You will get a feel for the neighborhoods when you come out and look at houses. You'll probably know right away if you connect with an area.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:39 PM

136 posts, read 741,806 times
Default Any comments for Broadlands in Broomfield?

We are moving to CO this summer from Bay Area. I am looking for housing in the Broadlands of the Broomfield. Anybody has any comments on this community? Thanks.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:06 PM

Nobody aware this community?

Old 03-10-2009, 07:15 AM

698 posts, read 2,047,301 times
I have friends who live there. It's a nice neighborhood but they describe it as "drive in, drive out" meaning there's not much of a sense of community there. They come to my neighborhood, Bradburn Village (8 minute drive from Broadlands) for our neighborhood events because of this. You also cannot walk to anything from the Broadlands, you will drive for everything (it can take quite some time just to drive out of the neighborhood!).

However, my friends do really like their house, and the housing is less expensive in the Broadlands than in my neighborhood which is why they don't move here (they would in a second otherwise they tell me).

I bet there are some good deals in the Broadlands right now!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:25 PM

I checked out the Bradburn Village. I see your point. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,362 times
You might want to take a look at the Willow Park subdivision. We live there and it's a very friendly community with lots of families and lots of kids - it's the kind of neighborhood where the kids all play together in the street (not much traffic goes through here), riding bikes, playing kickball or street hockey, etc. The prices and taxes are a lot cheaper than you'll find in the Broadlands. You''ll definitely get more house for the money. Willow Park is also in walking distance (if you consider one mile to be walking distance) to plenty of shops, grocery stores and restaurants. It's also within walking distance to the library, Broomfield County Commons Park (The 300-acre site Broomfield County Commons Park is home to the Paul Derda Recreation Center, 237-acres of open space, and the 80-acre park/sports complex. The park features 15 playing fields, including soccer, two playgrounds, a pavilion, five picnic huts, and an artificial turf championship field.), and tons of open space with walking/hiking/biking trails and a gorgeous view of the mountains.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:10 PM

11,827 posts, read 34,436,540 times
It's more a Denver suburb than Boulder, since Broomfield was a part of Jefferson County.

It's a very nice subdivision with a golf course. One of the nicer ones.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:01 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
It's more a Denver suburb than Boulder, since Broomfield was a part of Jefferson County.

It's a very nice subdivision with a golf course. One of the nicer ones.
The original city of Broomfield was in the southeastern part of Boulder County.

Broomfield grew by annexing into portions of Weld, Jefferson, and Adams County, thus eventually spanning four counties before the vote that ultimately resulted in forming the new City and County of Broomfield.

Broomfield's schools are still part of each of those other four counties, including some in the Boulder Valley School District.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado