Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:54 PM

2 posts, read 4,247 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your response. I hear you about the flatlands- my wife grumbles that we might as well move to Kansas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 08:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Lac Amora has nice sized houses, but it is an older subdivision, for Colorado anyway. There is nothing wrong with that except that you might find that most of the kids are older, too. I would suggest driving around and looking for evidence of kids the ages of yours: toys in the yard and driveway, moms walking babies in strollers, whatever. The other problem with Lac Amora from my perspective is that it is on the west side of Highway 287, sort of separate from a lot of the rest of Broomfield. If you have small children, it will be a long time before you let them ride a bike to a friend's house east of 287.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:43 PM

10 posts, read 35,338 times
Default Broomfield Neighborhoods

Hi, we're looking for a neighborhood to move to in Broomfield. We're looking for the pretty typical stuff, low crime, nice neighborhood, both older and newer is fine. Any suggestions? Any areas to avoid?

Old 07-15-2007, 05:55 PM

14 posts, read 44,553 times
It depends on how much you want to spend. Broomfield has a mix of old and new, high and low prices.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:15 PM

10 posts, read 35,338 times
We're renting the first year maybe two since we have a daughter that will be a jr in high school this year. We are renting to give us time to find an area that we want to buy at. So I am looking for a good neighborhood for a rental. I want to spend no more than $1600 a month on the rental.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 PM

I want to spend no more than $1600 a month on the rental.

You should be able to do that. You'll have to come out and look at these properties yourself. If you do find a house to buy outside of BHS attendance area, it is usually not too difficult to open enroll, especially if the reason is to stay at your previous school.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:17 PM

14 posts, read 44,553 times
Have you tried looking on Craigslist? Or other classified ads online? That's usually a fairly good indicator at what is being offered for a particular going rate. I think $1600 a month could get you a fairly sizeable home (2500 square feet +) in a well-kept suburban neighborhood with other kids your daughter's age. I think there is a rental a couple of blocks from my house actually. (I'll check tomorrow morning when I walk the dog and let you know.)

Old 07-21-2007, 02:38 PM

8 posts, read 271,807 times
bump.

This is something I am very interested in too.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianPhill View Post
It appears that Monarch and Broomfield are the more desireable schools, but are Legacy and Standley Lake mediocre/bad, or still very good but just not as good as the others? Any opinions are helpful - thank you!
You are wise not to trust the reviews you read. You never know the reviewer's agenda. Disclaimer: my kids went to Monarch; did gymnastics at Broomfield, so those are the schools I am knowledgable about, moreso MHS than BHS.

Both are good schools. BHS has a more diverse student body. MHS is more "preppy". MHS is fairly new, opened in 1998 with my oldest daughter as a freshman. BHS is a much older school. The present building was built in, I believe, 1959. BHS is about to undergo an extensive renovation starting in January, hopefully.

I have friends whose kids go/went to Legacy, plus a lot of the kids my daughters did club gymnastics with went there. Good school, by all reports. SL I know very little about. Appears to be a good school. Is located in a decent area, so there shouldn't be any problems with it.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:52 PM

287 posts, read 768,835 times
Default May be relocating. What do you know about Broomfield?

How are the schools? Family friendly? Progressive? How is the traffic?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado