Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:59 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,272 times

Advertisements

Westminster is so close to every other Denver Metro suburb that if the jobs directly in Westminster are not that great, they could be great in many of the other suburbs which may be a few miles apart. The whole Denver area is pretty compact, there are very few city's that are actually a distance from another between open land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 08:48 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times
I just spent the better part of the afternoon driving around Broomfield and Westminster looking at neighborhoods and generally exploring the area. I'm planning on moving to the Denver area within a couple years and while I have been concentrating on the southern suburbs, I don't want to limit myself to one part of the metro. I have to say I got a really good feeling from Westminster and Broomfield. I've been looking at houses in the $250k range all over the metro to see what different cities have to offer in that price range in terms of neighborhood quality, age of housing, shopping, distance from job centers, etc.

I looked at tracts from the early 1970's through the early 2000's. Most of the houses in the 7 tracts I looked at in Broomfield and Westminster looked to be well cared for. The outward appearance of a house is important to me. I don't expect every house to be 100% perfect but when people have or don't have pride in their house, it shows. I'd rather live around people that give a damn what their house looks like, no matter how old it is, and the neighborhoods I toured looked pretty good.

Westminster and Broomfield felt like they had a lot more undeveloped land than the south metro of Centennial and Highlands Ranch. I'm sure it won't stay that way forever, but I'd enjoy it while it lasted. I've also been impressed by the abundance of trails all over the Denver suburbs and the northwest corner is no exception.

I think I'll have to spend my next trip here in the Westminster area and explore it further.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:18 PM

I grew up around 108th and Wadsworth, between Broomfield and Westminster near the Jeffco airport. Back in that day (lol makes me sound very old) there was absolutely NOTHING around there but a tract of homes and Wadsworth. It has grown a TON since then.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:30 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times
What's the airport's impact on the area? I looked at a neighborhood between the airport and Standley Lake. It looked like a nice area but I didn't realize it was as close to the airport as it was until I got back to the hotel and looked at the map. I know airports tend to get busier and bigger over time but how close is too close to the airport? I currently live about a mile from a commercial airport but perpendicular to the runways so the jets don't go right over head. The jets taking off don't make too much noise where I am because they're gone so quickly but the helicopters make me want to buy a sniper rifle when they're circling at 1am.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
The average snowfall is 60" per year, but the actual yearly snowfall varies widely. I would advise the OP to look at some weather websites.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
What's the airport's impact on the area? I looked at a neighborhood between the airport and Standley Lake. It looked like a nice area but I didn't realize it was as close to the airport as it was until I got back to the hotel and looked at the map. I know airports tend to get busier and bigger over time but how close is too close to the airport? I currently live about a mile from a commercial airport but perpendicular to the runways so the jets don't go right over head. The jets taking off don't make too much noise where I am because they're gone so quickly but the helicopters make me want to buy a sniper rifle when they're circling at 1am.
it has always been a small airport, occasionally through the years they have air shows, but it is pretty quiet for the most part. Small prop planes and small jetliners (less than 50 seats)

Old 01-27-2009, 11:50 PM

2 posts, read 4,561 times
Red face new to westminster area!

Okay sooo who is here? how does this work? moved to the area Jan. 5th.... from California. LOL. Just want to find out a lil about the area? What is there to do, where are the places to go? Family style? Woman going out style? Single mother style? Anyone have any input? for a newbee?? Also good places to look for renting and/or buying a house? Any info would be helpful!

*me*

Old 01-29-2009, 07:07 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,220 times
Here are a couple of threads about Westminster that should give you plenty of info:

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...inster-co.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/color...questions.html

Old 04-22-2009, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 4,252 times
Default Moving to Westminster

Hi Folks,

I'm moving to Colorado in a few weeks and plan to be out there next week to look into apartments. My girlfriend goes to school in Boulder and I have to commute down to Englewood for work, so I'm going to live Westminster.

I was hoping that someone with some real knowledge of Westminster can give me a run down of the city neighborhoods - I've looked at the maps and neighborhoods, but it's hard to get a real idea what areas are safer than others / nicer than others, etc. From what i can tell places south of 104 and east of 36 seems to be cheaper, but i'm worried that also means less safe - can anyone offer some help on this?

I'd like to have close proximity to route 36 to drive to boulder and would not mind paying a bit more for a place as long as it's safer and nicer. Can anyone recommend neighborhoods / regions (for instance, north of 104 or west of 36, etc etc) that might fit my requirements.

Thanks so much in advance - really appreciate the help!

-Matt

Old 04-22-2009, 11:50 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestjmu View Post
Hi Folks,

I'm moving to Colorado in a few weeks and plan to be out there next week to look into apartments. My girlfriend goes to school in Boulder and I have to commute down to Englewood for work, so I'm going to live Westminster.

I was hoping that someone with some real knowledge of Westminster can give me a run down of the city neighborhoods - I've looked at the maps and neighborhoods, but it's hard to get a real idea what areas are safer than others / nicer than others, etc. From what i can tell places south of 104 and east of 36 seems to be cheaper, but i'm worried that also means less safe - can anyone offer some help on this?

I'd like to have close proximity to route 36 to drive to boulder and would not mind paying a bit more for a place as long as it's safer and nicer. Can anyone recommend neighborhoods / regions (for instance, north of 104 or west of 36, etc etc) that might fit my requirements.

Thanks so much in advance - really appreciate the help!

-Matt
Westminster has some more and some less attractive neighborhoods, some more and some less wealthy neighborhoods, some slightly rundown neighborhoods, but I've never thought it to have much in the way of unsafe neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado