Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:17 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,900,306 times

Advertisements

Update=
My friend in Eugene was just offered a position with the same company for an opening in Boise and she has decided to take it. I guess that was one of the cities she was hoping to be able to find a transfer to. Boise also fits into the category of the size of city she was hoping for since her worry was that Pueblo is too small and not cosmopolitan enough for her tastes. Boise is a great city with a lifestyle mix of mountain west and northwest vibes so she feels confident in her decision. There are more than enough yuppies, earthy people and coffee houses and art gallery's in Boise to keep her happy.

Thanks everyone for the info!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 09:49 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Update=
My friend in Eugene was just offered a position with the same company for an opening in Boise and she has decided to take it. I guess that was one of the cities she was hoping to be able to find a transfer to. Boise also fits into the category of the size of city she was hoping for since her worry was that Pueblo is too small and not cosmopolitan enough for her tastes. Boise is a great city with a lifestyle mix of mountain west and northwest vibes so she feels confident in her decision. There are more than enough yuppies, earthy people and coffee houses and art gallery's in Boise to keep her happy.

Thanks everyone for the info!!
Your friend made a good choice.

In a binary decision making process between Pueblo and Boise, about 99.999% of people would take Boise. I would.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Personally I would of picked Pueblo as it is located in driving distance to other major cities, Colorado Springs and Denver, and great skiing. What is Boise located by?

Old 05-07-2009, 11:18 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,900,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Personally I would of picked Pueblo as it is located in driving distance to other major cities, Colorado Springs and Denver, and great skiing. What is Boise located by?
Comparing population numbers, Boise is a lot larger than Pueblo so it is it's own major city so to speak. My opinion is that if you live in Boise there is not really a need to have a larger major city an hour away.
Eugene, OR is larger than Pueblo too, and that is why she did not really want to settle for a smaller city to live in.
Portland and Seattle and the Pacific Coast are about a 5 - 6 hour drive away from Boise, so if you want to head to a large coastal city it is just an afternoon's drive away or a quick flight away.
Boise is near great skiing and more mountains, rivers, and lakes and forests than you can shake as stick at.

She will be happy in Boise, it offers the kind of lifestyle that she wants and is a big enough city to offer big city ameneties without big city problems.

....but this thread does not need to turn in to a boise vs pueblo vs eugene thread.

Last edited by Syringaloid; 05-07-2009 at 11:31 AM..

Old 05-07-2009, 11:33 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Your friend made a good choice.

In a binary decision making process between Pueblo and Boise, about 99.999% of people would take Boise. I would.
So what you're saying, Mike... is that 99.999% of the people, including the OPs friend and you, would choose Boise over Pueblo.

That would mean that 1 out of 100,000 people would choose Pueblo... including me and Joss.

So are you saying Boise is 100,000 times the size of Pueblo? Because, to my knowledge, nobody is being held at gunpoint in Pueblo. So that's 10 billion people in Boise?

Wow.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
So what you're saying, Mike... is that 99.999% of the people, including the OPs friend and you, would choose Boise over Pueblo.

That would mean that 1 out of 100,000 people would choose Pueblo... including me and Joss.

So are you saying Boise is 100,000 times the size of Pueblo? Because, to my knowledge, nobody is being held at gunpoint in Pueblo. So that's 10 billion people in Boise?

Wow.
They must look like this:

YouTube - Coruscant Animation

When is the next flight, I am moving there too!

Old 05-07-2009, 06:11 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
I think I am going to have to side with Josseppie and McCowdog on this one. If given the choice between Boise and Pueblo, I think I'd take Pueblo. But that is because I am from Colorado, and my decision would not be based on the strengths of Pueblo alone. With that in mind, I can see why an outsider to both Pueblo and Boise would choose Boise.

We all run on different frequencies, just remember that!

Old 05-07-2009, 08:22 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
...and McCowdog on this one.
Moo!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:03 PM

22,855 posts, read 6,437,988 times
Speaking ONLY for myself, a senior citizen, I would still choose Pueblo, or rather Pueblo West. I could never have gotten a nice 1600+ sq ft new home with a basement and 3 car garage on an acre anywhere else, at least from what I've seen. Don't care for the northeast, was born there, lived there as a kid. California was nice in the 60's, been back to visit, it's too crowded for me now. The southeast is beautiful but I don't care for the humidity, southwest is very hot. Yeah, there are times I don't like Colorado, like when the roads are icy, or the lack of lush vegetation in my area, but on the whole Pueblo West is fine. Like I said, it's just my opinion.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:07 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Moo!

Sorry about that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado