Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:18 PM

28 posts, read 87,548 times

Advertisements

So I made the long haul from Maine to Durango, Colorado this past week. I am staying at a hotel and have been looking for a decent place to rent for a little while.

The problem is, I am only finding run down college student apartments or overpriced small studios that are not to my liking.

I am not going to revisit my college years of living in shoddy apartment buildings.

Does anyone have any advice on where i should look. Maybe Bayfield or on the outskirts of Durango?

I have checked out the Herald, and I have called up almost all of the possible places that interested me. So far I am homeless and still living in a hotel.

This sucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 06:50 PM

110 posts, read 473,907 times
Look under www.godurango.com and click on real estate and then rental information. There are several companies and property management agencys listed.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:59 PM

476 posts, read 2,318,794 times
The good apartments are snatched up with all the new people moving in. When the college semester ends, some will graduate and move on opening some apartments. Some college students rent pretty good apartments while most of course dont, but the few who do rent nice ones and move on will open up some so keep looking. Also I have a friend who moved to Durango and couldnt find a place so she moved over here to Farmington, New Mexico, an hour away, and still worked in Durango and when a place opened up three months later, she moved over there.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:58 AM

14 posts, read 58,924 times
Let us know how you make out. I'll be moving from Maine in August/September.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,471,711 times
Well, that's pretty much the way Durango is. "Paradise Syndrome" in full effect. That's why a lot of people wind up in Aztec or Farmington, though I don't consider those a "garden spot" either (though I came very close to taking a job in Farmington about 25 years ago).

Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 AM

28 posts, read 87,548 times
thank you for the responses. yeah i think i may have to settle for a place in bayfield or some apartment complex for the time being.

it's hard to get any callbacks here too. i just want a definite "no" or "yes" from the people, so i know i can keep looking or not. oh well.

back on the hunt.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:10 PM

117 posts, read 531,702 times
There is a furnished one bed apartment on craigslist - western slope - not sure if it is still available!

Old 04-14-2007, 12:24 AM

476 posts, read 2,318,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodenTA View Post
thank you for the responses. yeah i think i may have to settle for a place in bayfield or some apartment complex for the time being.

it's hard to get any callbacks here too. i just want a definite "no" or "yes" from the people, so i know i can keep looking or not. oh well.

back on the hunt.
My Durango friend has a great idea. She said drive down what some locals call "apartment row" which is Florida Road and they have tons of apartments all along there practically out to Edgement Ranch. When you see something that looks good, stop in and ask if anything is available. Sometimes they dont list them or one is about to open up. Homes are really hard to come by for rent. She said if you want a home to rent, put an ad in the paper asking for one. Good luck!

Old 04-14-2007, 05:25 AM

110 posts, read 473,907 times
I would suggest putting an ad in the Durango Herald stating what you are looking for.

Also, many Fort Lewis College students will be leaving town by the end of April and this will open up possibilities.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:51 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
I lived in Farmington about six months, worked over at the Navajo Hospital 30miles away. Really enjoyed Farmington. Durango seemed only 45 min. away to me, would go over there frequently. So wouldn't be such a bad idea to live there and commute if one had to. I thought the areas around the college on the hill were really nice in Farmington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado