Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2007, 04:03 PM

5 posts, read 18,638 times

Advertisements

My husband and I plan on visiting CO this summer and once again in the fall to check out a few towns and get an idea of which area we would most like to live. We have pretty much pinpointed the FOrt Collins, Louisville, and outlying Boulder areas. What is the approximate distance, time wise, between these areas and is there a central location that would be best for us to stay in to drive to them?
Also what places, people, things etc should we definitley see as potential residents? Are there definite Dont's in any of these areas that we should know about?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 08:08 PM

29 posts, read 31,501 times
Hi, I've been living in Boulder the last 16 years. Boulder-Louisville = 15 to 35 minutes depending on traffic. Boulder-Fort Collins = 1:15+- minutes via automobile. You may want to post some more info about what kinds of fields you will be seeking jobs in out here, etc. Any of the towns you mentioned would be a good location from which to explore the Front Range. If beautiful nature is important during your visit you may want to stay in Boulder. I guess to may it seems there are 3 main parts of Colorado: 1. The Front Range (modern middle-American suburbia) 2. The mountain towns (pricey as all get out nowadays and exclusive) 3. The redneck rural areas (poorish, small and isolated) BTW, I think the Durango - Telluride area is a very beautiful part of the state to visit and check out. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado