Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 05:26 AM

270 posts, read 481,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I disagree as I still count it as a sunny day. Especially how most thunderstorms are here. The day starts out as hot then it rains cools off then clears up and it's nice outside.
It can be a sunny day only if the sky remains virtually cloud-free as the day goes. A thunderstorm normally requires extended high dark clouds, so it basically can't be a real sunny (clear) day. If it rapidly clears out after the storm, the global feeling of the day might be "sunny" but according to the weather forecast terminology and definitions, it's not a clear day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 06:01 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpactionreplay View Post
It can be a sunny day only if the sky remains virtually cloud-free as the day goes. A thunderstorm normally requires extended high dark clouds, so it basically can't be a real sunny (clear) day. If it rapidly clears out after the storm, the global feeling of the day might be "sunny" but according to the weather forecast terminology and definitions, it's not a clear day.
If I can see the sun most of the day then I consider it to be a sunny day. Yesterday was a tough call due to the high clouds but since I could see the sun most of the day and when I looked it up the nws always said sunny or party cloudy I marked it as a sunny day.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:10 AM

270 posts, read 481,995 times
Quote:
If I can see the sun most of the day then I consider it to be a sunny day. Yesterday was a tough call due to the high clouds but since I could see the sun most of the day and when I looked it up the nws always said sunny or party cloudy I marked it as a sunny day.
I understand your point of view but if the sky is covered by clouds on 40 - 50 % of its area all day, and you can still see the sun most of the day, would you really classify this day as sunny? I fully agree on the fact that the sun shines but not through a clear sky. It's actually a partly cloudy day : despite the sun generously shines, there is a considerable part of the sky is covered by clouds.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:19 PM

This month I started counting cloudy days too see how many Pueblo has in 12 months. This way I can find out for myself if we get over 300 days of sunshine.

Total cloudy days for July: 2.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:52 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpactionreplay View Post
I understand your point of view but if the sky is covered by clouds on 40 - 50 % of its area all day, and you can still see the sun most of the day, would you really classify this day as sunny? I fully agree on the fact that the sun shines but not through a clear sky. It's actually a partly cloudy day : despite the sun generously shines, there is a considerable part of the sky is covered by clouds.
Actually, it helps. Even when Denver is cloudy, it still looks pretty bright.

Now, if you lived in Seattle, you would know what "cloudy" could actually looks like.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
This month I started counting cloudy days too see how many Pueblo has in 12 months. This way I can find out for myself if we get over 300 days of sunshine.

Total cloudy days for July: 2.
Total cloudy days for August: None!

Old 09-04-2015, 12:20 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Actually, it helps. Even when Denver is cloudy, it still looks pretty bright.

Now, if you lived in Seattle, you would know what "cloudy" could actually looks like.
especially at night with heavy overcast... far from BRIGHT... especially when you step on a possum on the way to the house! (on a slippery (mossy) walkway)

CO probably has 300 sunny days (more sun than clouds / day).
Same as Seattle has 280 cloudy days (days mostly overcast' . many (200+) with drizzle)

IIRC, 65 days of overcast would be a dark yr in CO. (I was a farm / ranch kid, so outdoors most of every day.)
Anymore, I am seldom there for over a couple weeks at a time (one of those places that is better to visit, than to live, the 'old enjoyment' of CLEAR, smog free days with NO crowds is no longer there (on front range)).

YMMV

Old 10-01-2015, 12:40 PM

In September Pueblo had 2 cloudy days.

So now since July Pueblo has had a total of 4 cloudy days!

Old 10-01-2015, 02:47 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times
Over here in the red rock desert country of Grand Junction, the entire month of September, felt more like August with regard to temperatures, running 10 to 15 degrees above normal. Even today, October One, still feels like August. I'm over it already. Let the cooler days come.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:46 PM

Tomorrow is the last day of October and Pueblo had 3 cloudy days, including today.

So now since July Pueblo has had a total of 7 cloudy days!

Last edited by Josseppie; 10-30-2015 at 02:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado