Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:25 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breaksraver13 View Post
Sorry, now I understand your point.........the original post was very "shallow" I think that is what bothered me most..............

Personally, nothing on this great earth gives me more energy than the peaks that surround me, they give me life and have made me the most happy individual that I can be.............I'm from SC and I have friends that love it and wouldn't move (personally it's because they don't really have the same sense of adventure or there just comfortable) but it doesn't work for me, I think it's hell on earth.........but on the plus side, everyone is different and if EVERYONE liked the Rocky's then we would all be living in the same place.
Perfectly understandable. There was certainly a splendor to mountains for me initially..And they still provide some beautiful backdrops for the countryside.

But these days it seems that I am more enchanted with exploring the ocean and its vestiges of shipwrecks and teaming sealife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 10:23 AM
gn3

151 posts, read 416,754 times
The mountains just plain suck, nothing to see or do here. I think everyone should move to instead enjoy the pristine, undespoiled beaches and fresh air of Southern California. Though it will pain me, and no doubt will be a great deprivation, I'll stay behind while y'all leave. I mean, someone has to leave the light on.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,184,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
But these days it seems that I am more enchanted with exploring the ocean and its vestiges of shipwrecks and teaming sealife.
Apparently Kimo Cousteau's user handle is solytaire

Old 12-03-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
Apparently Kimo Cousteau's user handle is solytaire
I understand the Jacques Cousteau reference but, who is Kimo Cousteau, and why would you make that judgement based on my preference of sealife over mountains?

Old 12-03-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I understand the Jacques Cousteau reference but, who is Kimo Cousteau, and why would you make that judgement based on my preference of sealife over mountains?
Kimo is Jacque's long-lost great grand nephew and heir to his fortune and his diving prowess. No judgment. Read my previous posts.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
Kimo is Jacque's long-lost great grand nephew and heir to his fortune and his diving prowess. No judgment. Read my previous posts.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:28 AM

40 posts, read 175,909 times
Wow, where do I start? I grew up in the Tetons and am now living in the mountains of Colorado. Hunting, fishing, biking, hiking, horseback riding, SNOWBOARDING, skiing (in many different forms) camping, climbing. The possibilities are ENDLESS, off roading (via jeep or 4-wheelers). The most important thing about mountain activities is always being prepaid! Dress in layers (or pack extra) wear sunscreen even if it isn’t sunny and drink lots of water! Enjoy

Old 12-04-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateG7669 View Post
The most important thing about mountain activities is always being prepaid!
Prepaid? Did you mean prepared? If so, I agree 100%. High country is not for the faint of hear or the ill prepared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado