Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 07:19 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,667,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopalrose41 View Post
Hi,
My fiancee and I are on a budget and we live in Illinois and thinking of a destination wedding in Colorado...we were looking at Beaver Creek @ some of their venues....with the above statements I am worried we wont stay on budget...we have about 25 out of town guests to think of as well...is there any other places that anyone could recomemmend or wedding planners to help!!!!
thank you
I think the first thing that would come to mind would be what the budget might be. Anything you do in this area is going to be more expensive due to the location.

The Beaver Creek Chapel in the summer turns and burns with weddings so spaces are short sometimes.

I've done a lot of weddings in the valley and most were held at Piney Lake Ranch, 4 Eagle or the Vail Rod and Gun Club. Those are the main venues as they've got the space and the scenery to accommodate everything needed for a wedding.

For a smaller wedding I've seen a few done at Beano's Cabin, Allie's Cabin and Zach's Cabin. All of those are above Beaver Creek on the mountain and those will be pricey, but likely would be a good fit for a party that size and they also have a nice setting. Those would probably be my main recommendations.

To cut down on hotel costs, one thing family can do is rent a large house or houses. For my sister's wedding we rented a 5 bedroom $2 million house for people to stay for a week. $3500 a week and had several large living spaces for everyone to spread out, big kitchen, even a Suburban to drive. We had a pre wedding party for 50 people there and that worked well. If it sounds pricey, a hotel stay would have been double or triple the costs with half the enjoyment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 07:41 AM

40 posts, read 96,777 times
I used to work for a wedding planner in Aspen. Some couples got married at the gazebo in Paepcke Park with a meal after. Couples ride the gondola to the top of Aspen Mountain and say there vows up there with spectacular scenery and dogs were allowed at one time (I believe Aspen has a nice restaurant at the top) that's what my husband and I were going to do but we married at a castle in England). Aspen Institute may rent there facilities. Snowmass has some outside venues also.

I would suggest have a wedding "dinner" instead of a caterer. Any place you go will be expensive.

Congratulations, no matter what you may choose, it will be special.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,881 times
Wink I loved the Vail Racquet Club

This is a great place to stay and have a wedding in PRIVATE! All the rooms are condos - so your guests can stay together in a 3 bedroom or split up into 1 or two bedrooms. Vail is VERY expensive but I found this place to be one of the best priced places for having the wedding AND staying. The food at the restaurant was GREAT!

Good luck and happy wedding!

Old 02-02-2012, 02:00 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthelegend View Post
I want to get married this summer in one of these places. Which would you say would be the funnest place for a large wedding with a lot of overseas, young guests? My dog is the ring bearer so the venue has to be a pet friendly. I am looking for something with dramatic scenery and a very nice reception area. Thank you!
funnest? neither.

vegas

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-02-2012, 02:59 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,773,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthelegend View Post
I want to get married this summer in one of these places. Which would you say would be the funnest place for a large wedding with a lot of overseas, young guests? My dog is the ring bearer so the venue has to be a pet friendly. I am looking for something with dramatic scenery and a very nice reception area. Thank you!
my vote is for Aspen. I personally think Aspen is more elegant and in more beautiful surroundings.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,607 times
Want a JP for wedding in Vail area, beside a creek fine, suggestions??

Old 02-10-2013, 03:56 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,667,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdjohnson View Post
Want a JP for wedding in Vail area, beside a creek fine, suggestions??
A what?

Old 02-10-2013, 04:21 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,659,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
A what?
JP is Justice of the Peace.

cmdjohnson, Vail has a municipal court. I suggest you call the Town Clerk and ask her if the judge does weddings.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 655 times
My fiance and I are planning to elope in Vail in a couple weeks. We have no guests. We are no longer young and spry and are looking for a very inexpensive site to have the ceremony. No guests -- just us and our officiant. Any suggestions (where we do not have to hike and climb to get there, that would be free, or almost free)??

Old 04-18-2016, 10:19 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,149,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffee2421 View Post
My fiance and I are planning to elope in Vail in a couple weeks. We have no guests. We are no longer young and spry and are looking for a very inexpensive site to have the ceremony. No guests -- just us and our officiant. Any suggestions (where we do not have to hike and climb to get there, that would be free, or almost free)??
Location: easily done along Gore Creek at many creekside locations for a ceremony of brief duration. You can do this right in town near to lodging (and the Vail bus line, free) within a few minute walk to the creekside ... or consider the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens area East of town. FREE.

You'll be in the off-season time frame sharing a site with few, if any, other folk. So should have plenty of opportunities for privacy and solitude for your event. Many sites will still have snow on the ground at the time.

Vail creekside is what we did years ago and it's still easy access in so much of the area.

Last edited by sunsprit; 04-18-2016 at 10:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado