Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:48 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,565,078 times

Advertisements

Anyone actually live in this state? Can you clue me in? What is so special about snow and endless fields?

My friend raves about Colorado and Denver in particular... what an I missing here?

A friend of mine always likens Denver to 'the next Seattle' and raves about the Mountains and such. I just don't get it.

Can anyone tell me what makes Colorado unique and interesting to them?

Thanks.

[ Mod Note: Reflects merging of two threads, by same OP, on same topic; one in CO forum and one from Gen US forum. ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-09-2008 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Reflects merging of two threads, by same OP, on same topic; one in CO forum and one from Gen US forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 02:03 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
A friend of mine always likens Denver to 'the next Seattle' and raves about the Mountains and such. I just don't get it.
Can anyone tell me what makes Colorado unique and interesting to them?
Thanks.

(Note: that's Hubbub.
Has a very good combination of jobs, affordable housing, weather, and amenities, acceptable traffic (and other quality of life attributes).

Compared to North Dakota or Mississippi it's probably expensive.
Compared to SoCal/BOS.DC/NYC it's cheap.
Compared to SoCal, the winter weather is sometimes harsh.
Compared to everywhere else, it sunny and pleasant.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:48 PM

362 posts, read 1,855,534 times
uh...I think you need to take a trip to the Rockies.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:19 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times
Quote:
Anyone actually live in this state?
Can you clue me in?
What is so special about snow and endless fields?
My friend raves about Colorado and Denver in particular...
what an I missing here?
Thanks.
Fields? Um... I think you mean Kansas. Colorado is definitely the complete opposite of "fields". Have you heard of the Rocky Mountains by chance? It's a mountian range that kinda sorta runs straight through the entire state of Colorado. Many of these things called "mountains" are about 14,000 feet high.

Anyone live here? Um... like 5 million people. Colorado is like 20th in the US.

Once again. Are you sure you don't mean Kansas?

Old 02-08-2008, 06:53 PM

719 posts, read 2,665,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
It's a mountian range that kinda sorta runs straight through the entire state of Colorado.
Try two thirds of the entire state of Colorado.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Can you clue me in?
what an I missing here?
Thanks.
Yes, I actually live in this state. DannyBanay addressed the fields.

Snow? The streets are bare at the moment. There are weeks of sunny, dry weather between most of the snowstorms. The snow usually melts in 2-3 days because of the intense sun.

What is your issue?

Old 02-08-2008, 07:42 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lndigo View Post
Try two thirds of the entire state of Colorado.
Oh sorry, just that when I think of Colorado I don't really picture flat fields of endless snow. Um... isn't most of the state mountainous?

Old 02-08-2008, 07:47 PM

421 posts, read 1,337,012 times
Quote:
Can you clue me in?
what an I missing here?
Thanks.

Honestly? I don't think you are missing much. It's cold all the time. Our job market is horrible and the pay is really bad. There aren't too many "endless fields" what with all the mountains. But I'm originially from California and this place just doesn't cut it.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:48 PM

1,574 posts, read 5,114,620 times
Where is the op from?
I've not been to the entire state- just Denver. But Denver is an under-rated city in my opinion. It has an interesting combination of urbane living surrounded by very pleasant scenery & easy outdoor-activity options. Denver may not represent the entire state, but it's one of the cleanest & most civil city I've visited in America. I think as a state, it's safe & health-oriented. I wouldn't say it's the most dynamic or exciting place in America but it's unique in a pleasant way that won't be fully comprehended until you visit that state.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:48 PM

2,072 posts, read 5,414,612 times
Colorado is Unique because the around the Mountains in the North, it is more of a lush green woodsy type of feel... While the further south you go down the range, it gets more "desert/southwestern" looking with the red dirt, even more rugged terrain, etc... Not only is there variation in the moutainous scenery, but there is also beautiful prarie areas out away from the mountains. It's got a pretty neat mix of land if you ask me.

Soo I guess that's what is unique about CO in my opinion brubaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado