Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2007, 02:52 PM

5 posts, read 23,254 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My husband and I are contemplating making the move from the Pacific NW to Colorado. My mom lives in Denver and my in-laws are in Wyoming. We have a 3 year old son who we would love to have grow up near his grandparents. As it is now, he very rarely sees them.
We know we don't want to live in Wyoming. We visited Fort Collins and fell in love with it and it's atmosphere.
My husband is also hoping to open his own brewery/restaurant as well, so he's researching whether it is more feasible up here or down there.

Was wondering if anyone had any advice. What is it really like down there? We see the cost of living is comparable to where we live now, so that isn't an issue. But what about rates of pay for hourly jobs. Also weather, schools, etc.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 04:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
One suggestion I have for weather, etc is to use the city-data statistics on the city pages. You will get much more accurate information than asking us! Everyone has different opinions, and we aren't all right, all the time. School information can be found on the Colorado Dept of Ed website. You will have to google it. Again, different people have different opinions about the same schools. Pay is usually lower. For specific jobs, you could search the online editions of the newspapers. There are people who live in Ft. Collins and work in Denver and Boulder. I think the pay is better, especially in Denver.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:41 PM

5 posts, read 23,254 times
We will check in on those sites, thank you. But I think more useful information tends to come from people that are in the same vein as us or someone who has recently gone through a move.

I think most honest answers come from folks trying not to sell us on the idea of moving.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
There are a number of people on this forum who would like to do just that.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,920 times
I live in Water Valley in Northern Colorado. I have lived here for the past 5 years with my wife and 3 children. It is absolutely amazing and is one of Colorados best kept secrets. Please check it out at [url=http://www.watervalley.com]Water Valley[/url] and see for yourself why this community is #1 in Northern Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: