Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2006, 12:40 PM

100 posts, read 381,498 times

Advertisements

I have SAD and need more winter sun, would you move to CO or AZ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2006, 06:06 PM

119 posts, read 705,859 times
DogLady,

Personally I think you'd fee more at home in Colorado if your from Vermont. And don't worry about lack of sun there.....bring your sunglasses. I live in CT.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:28 AM

32 posts, read 200,622 times
Im from NJ and moved to AZ..it would be a pretty big culture shock to move here..well, not for everyone..but
You will get plenty of sun all year round here..just wont be able to go out in it for a good few months out of the year since it is SO hot!
You may get plenty of sun here,,,but then you will be depressed because you live in Phoenix! Not to make light of your situation...just a joke
I would highly recommend taking a trip out to both areas. We are heading to Denver on Friday to see about relocating there from Phoenix..we are so done with the desert!

Old 08-03-2006, 01:19 AM

827 posts, read 5,079,979 times
DogLady321, I can truly answer you on this one. I live in Phoenix and my brother lives in Durango, Colorado. I am moving to Durango pretty soon. Phoenix is not the place to live. It is so hot that my neighbors car's window shattered. You just broil everyday and at night it can be in the 90s and even the 100s AT NIGHT in the summer. Now Flagstaff is cooler because is it high in elevation. Both states get a lot of sun. We both get the monsoon season in the summer. It will cloud up and rain especially in the afternoon but it usually lasts about a month and that is when we get most of our rain and the rest of the year it stays sunny except for maybe a day a storm will come and go and it will be clear the same day. Not the days of clouds up in New England. You will get plenty of sun in both states. You might check into Silver City, New Mexico too. It gets a lot of sun. I am moving to Colorado because I love the rivers, the green hills and mountains and the people are really good people. They love the outdoors and are outside a good part of the time.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:08 PM

27 posts, read 172,541 times
Default AZ for more winter sun

I have lived in AZ for 20 years. I am currently living in the Phoenix area, but if I was thinking about retiring to AZ I would check out Tucson, if you still want to be in somewhat of a city. Tucson was ranked one of the most environmentally friendly cities to live and do things. Unfortunatly, for use the economy there can not support us to live and I prefer a larger city. We to are currently looking into the Denver area to relocate. AZ is harsh for people who have small children, especially in the Phoenix area. You can count on being indoors for at least 3-4 months in the summer here. Starting in early May the temps reach close to 100, in June over a 100 and July at least 107+ on a daily basis. It cools starting in Sept but only to about the mid 90's. It really doesnt start getting cool (light jacket weather) till about the first week of Dec. On X-MAS you can usually count on it being in the high 70's or even 80's. On the flip side there is absoulty nothing like a Arizona winter. In my situation I have two small children and I want them to be able to play outdoors in the summer months, that is not doable here. With that stated I have a brother who lives in Westminister and loves it. My husband is the car business does anyone have any suggestions of good quality dealerships for possiable employment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: