Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 07:08 AM

4 posts, read 5,054 times

Advertisements

I am a single 22 yr old male and will be working in the Lexington area 1 school district in the Fall. I need some advise on apartments/housing in the area. I am looking for an area that is secure, clean, and quiet that will be convenient to the Lexington 1 school district. I do not have pets, do not smoke, and am not a partying person (I know, boring, but I will be finishing some college work). I am willing to pay a little extra for something that meets my needs. I have read some of the reviews on line and it seems that many of the apartments have similar problems with management, noise, pests, maintenance, security, pet waste, and so forth. I would really appreciate advise on housing. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 01:20 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,563,706 times
What is your price range and what other activities do you like to be close to?

Old 04-14-2013, 07:19 PM

Near a gym would be helpful and convenient to shopping. $800-$900/month if it meets criteria. Even if you could tell me where not to live would be helpful.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:54 PM

730 posts, read 1,401,907 times
The Waterway and The Reserve at Mill Landing are two of the better apartment complexes in Lexington. Both are near shopping and Gold's Gym. 1 bedroom runs about $750 at those places.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:34 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,021,594 times
i second the Waterway; my sister has lived there for about a year now, they seem to take care of the place as far as inside and outside maintenance goes. She's been quite happy there, her 1 br has been fine for her for size and cost. It is a convenient location, within a couple blocks of shopping, gym, theater is nearby as well (heck you can walk a block to a Food Lion if you want to cross the street) and being just off Lake Murray blvd (Lake Dr) it's just a short drive to the dam if you want to walk it or spend time at the park/beach there as well.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:53 PM

Thanks for these 2 suggestions. Do you know anything about Overlook at Golden Hills?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:32 PM

730 posts, read 1,401,907 times
Don't know anything about it. Is there a certain school/area you would like to be close to? Lexington has horrible traffic and avoiding certain intersections could help.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:42 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,265,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1995 View Post
Thanks for these 2 suggestions. Do you know anything about Overlook at Golden Hills?
I have known people who lived there and they never complained. Not much of a recommendation but at least I never heard them talk bad about the complex. Be sure to check out Lullwater at Saluda Point:

Apartments Lexington SC - Lullwater At Saluda Pointe Luxury Apartments

I have heard a lot of good things about that complex.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:28 AM

Thanks for all the comments. I will check these places out. How do I get crime reports for the various apartment complexes?

Last edited by Sam1995; 04-20-2013 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 04-22-2013, 01:31 PM

2 posts, read 1,880 times
Sam...

Not trying to adverstise my property on here, but my wife and I just put our home up for sale a few months ago and are now trying to rent it out.

We have it adverstised through Scott Properties. It's a patio home in a VERY quiet neighborhood (a majority of our neighbors are over the age of 50). It is in Lexington 1 district in the center of Lexington and there are 3 gyms within 2 miles of it! We are looking to get $850 a month for it.

If you are looking to buy, or lease-to-own, we are offering that option as well.

Send me an email if you are interested: davidandbrandee@gmail.com

Again...not trying to advertise my property, but I saw this post and what you are looking for is what our house has!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area