Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 06:29 AM

518 posts, read 436,550 times

Advertisements

This week, and especially this morning, the traffic is WAY down. I think so many people are home sick or just working from home. It was a dramatic difference coming out of Blythewood.

And the testing sites are over crowded. The one at Bull and 277 was mostly dead in early December, yesterday, the whole parking lot was full and looked light people waiting to turn in.

I was at a HS Wrestling event last night. Supposed to be 3 schools. One completely cancelled because they had too many sick. Then a lot of the weight classes were forfeit because so many kids sick. I wonder if they will even make it thru the whole season.

Stay safe people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 09:17 AM

1,124 posts, read 926,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemanoRock View Post
This week, and especially this morning, the traffic is WAY down. I think so many people are home sick or just working from home. It was a dramatic difference coming out of Blythewood.

And the testing sites are over crowded. The one at Bull and 277 was mostly dead in early December, yesterday, the whole parking lot was full and looked light people waiting to turn in.

I was at a HS Wrestling event last night. Supposed to be 3 schools. One completely cancelled because they had too many sick. Then a lot of the weight classes were forfeit because so many kids sick. I wonder if they will even make it thru the whole season.

Stay safe people.
While I am vaccinated, I’m not yet eligible for the booster. So I was among those in that line yesterday…

Old 01-06-2022, 05:11 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,274,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemanoRock View Post

Stay safe people.
Interesting but unfortunate. I heard our governor just a few days ago say that everything is fine (paraphrasing). Don't get me started on that walking antiquity...

I know some back home that have opted to work from home more since the pandemic but if the traffic is that drastically lower then it must be serious. And right, stay safe and if you don't like wearing a mask then just be smart.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:34 PM

1,154 posts, read 956,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Interesting but unfortunate. I heard our governor just a few days ago say that everything is fine (paraphrasing). Don't get me started on that walking antiquity...

I know some back home that have opted to work from home more since the pandemic but if the traffic is that drastically lower then it must be serious. And right, stay safe and if you don't like wearing a mask then just be smart.
Unfortunately those who don't wear a mask usually aren't the brightest

Old 01-07-2022, 04:09 AM

1,124 posts, read 926,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Growingup15 View Post
My husbands employer told them to get vaccinated and if they’re caught wearing a mask they’ll be reprimanded.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:57 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,606 times
I’m not vaccinated. I rarely wear a mask. I’ve been exposed to the virus several times and didn’t get sick.

There isn’t a “one size fits all” solution.

The good news is that the omicron strain is very mild. Vaccinated or not. It’s also very contagious. That’s good news because the more people that actually get the virus, the closer we get to herd immunity. 80% of new cases are omicron. Resulting in fewer numbers of hospitalization per capita compared to Delta. So, do what YOU need to do to protect yourself.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:28 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
I don’t wear a mask and am proud of it. Keep that muzzle off my face.

Old 01-07-2022, 04:55 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,274,047 times
Growingup15, I don’t disagree with you. g-man430, impeccable timing.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:27 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,606 times
Quote:
So if you’re so bright and I’m so dim, please explain this to me. If your masks and vaccine work so well, why do you care if I don’t participate? I mean, if you’re masked and vaccinated, you’re protected, right? So if you’re protected, why do you care what others do?

Old 01-08-2022, 09:37 AM

542 posts, read 1,107,985 times
Anyone that wants to wear a mask, have at it, I'm not. I am vaxed., but I'm not doing all the booster BS. All the times people touch their nasty mask, and then touch everything else, is not a pleasant thought. Just don't sneeze and cough on other people, property, or on your own hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
View detailed profiles of: