Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best Liberal Dating in Columbia (early 40s)
Lexington 1 16.67%
Red Bank 0 0%
Irmo 1 16.67%
Gilbert 0 0%
West Columbia 1 16.67%
NE Columbia 1 16.67%
SE Columbia 0 0%
Pelion 0 0%
Swansea 0 0%
Shandon 4 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2023, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,536 times

Advertisements

Hi! I’m divorced, in my early 40s, and thinking about a move from Portland, OR to Lexington to be near my sister and her kiddos who just relocated there.

Love conservatives (sissy is one), but hoping to find a partner who gets me.

What’s the dating scene like for a liberal Buddhist-y vegetarian? If you could comment on best areas/churches for me, that’d be great. I saw posts that mentioned Shandon, Pelion, Swansea, Five Points, and NE Richland, but they were old (still accurate?), and I’d like to be as close to my sister as possible. Any hope for me in Lexington? What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2023, 03:55 PM

12,898 posts, read 18,751,931 times
Out of the spots on your list

Shandon #1
West Columbia #2

Good luck with all the others.

Old 03-26-2023, 03:57 PM

12,898 posts, read 18,751,931 times
Look at Cotton Town, Elmwood and Earlewood in Columbia. They are near I-126 out of town to I-26 to I-20 to Lexington.

Old 03-26-2023, 04:13 PM

8,235 posts, read 13,353,185 times
I will preface my remarks in saying that most of the residents in the midlands do not wear their politics on their sleeve or lead into any interaction with people with liberal/conservative views. For the most part it is likely politely avoided unless initiated by the speaker. That said, I would say "City of Columbia"would be first which includes the area of Shandon and Five Points, SE Columbia ,West Columbia( a separate city) as mentioned, then you could add NE Richland, Irmo/NW Richland to the list. Other places close by worth a look would be Lexington, Newberry and Camden if you are looking for actual towns that have a town feel..The midlands also is divided into parts of the whole meaning just because you live in say NE Richland.. you will likely have interest/reasons to go to another section of the Midlands. Rarely would you live in one side of town and not visit another. I guess my point is even if you lay your head in a "conservative" community you have ready access to other parts of the metro that are moderate liberal etc. I dont think Columbia is as uniquely animated as Portland neighborhoods/cities in their metro.. we are more bland across the board.... Good Luck

Last edited by Woodlands; 03-26-2023 at 04:21 PM..

Old 03-26-2023, 09:51 PM

245 posts, read 201,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal in Columbia SC View Post
Hi! I’m divorced, in my early 40s, and thinking about a move from Portland, OR to Lexington to be near my sister and her kiddos who just relocated there.

Love conservatives (sissy is one), but hoping to find a partner who gets me.

What’s the dating scene like for a liberal Buddhist-y vegetarian? If you could comment on best areas/churches for me, that’d be great. I saw posts that mentioned Shandon, Pelion, Swansea, Five Points, and NE Richland, but they were old (still accurate?), and I’d like to be as close to my sister as possible. Any hope for me in Lexington? What do you think?
"Liberal Buddhist vegetarian" would be a little out-of-the-ordinary for Lexington County. That is the land of mustard-based barbecue. Fairly conservative place, all in all.

You'd be treated decently, you'd just be seen as... a little different.

Old 03-29-2023, 12:04 AM

2 posts, read 2,536 times
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate your thoughtful replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area