Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 05:34 PM

14 posts, read 26,837 times

Advertisements

good grief--- I've got to stop reading all these theads-- so much negativity- i'm about to cancel my interview!!... or maybe I need to visit other cities threads--- I suppose the same thing is going on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 06:12 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,022,761 times
heck it's the internet--every site is full of bad 'press' about someplace/something/someone. Afer all, bad news travels faster and further then good news.

I'm not sure what you've read here, but in the year we were researching the area we read ( and participated in ) far more positive threads then others. We've now lived here a month, and it's been nothing but positive ( of course being able to go on the lake in early March and it doesn't include ice augers to see open water---that's another positive! ).

I've rec'd plenty of solid help and info on this forum, and made new friends in person.

So for my 2 cents, read all you want, but spend time in a place before making any final decisions. We made several SC trips to help make our decision as strong as we could.

Oh, and yes other cities in other states all have negative threads and replies. The world isn't full of rainbows and puppies right now!!

Old 03-08-2009, 06:54 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willti View Post
good grief--- I've got to stop reading all these theads-- so much negativity- i'm about to cancel my interview!!... or maybe I need to visit other cities threads--- I suppose the same thing is going on!
You can't base a decision off of what you ready on an online message board. I see chronic negativity online all the time - not just on here, but on sports message boards, etc. too. I sure hope you wouldn't make a decision like that based on what you read on a biased board.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:32 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
I'll second what Matt says. People focus on negative more than positive whether it's the new, internet, water cooler talk. Take the visit, tour the area, you may like or you may not but at least you'll be able to decide for yourself instead of letting others make a decision for you.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:34 AM

168 posts, read 694,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I'll second what Matt says. People focus on negative more than positive whether it's the new, internet, water cooler talk. Take the visit, tour the area, you may like or you may not but at least you'll be able to decide for yourself instead of letting others make a decision for you.
I'll give it a third. Visit and see what you think. At times this site is filled with too many people with nothing better to do than start "us vs. them" threads which end up serving absolutely no purpose.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:15 PM

583 posts, read 2,634,126 times
I 4th the annoying 'us vs them' threads. SC is a charming/quirky/friendly little state. Come visit............I guess I should say GO visit since I don't live there anymore!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:13 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,027,563 times
5th, I keep up w/some of the Ohio city forums on here from time to time, lots more negativity there than here.

No matter where you go there are pessimists in this world who thinks everyone owes them something.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:48 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,022,761 times
did we scare away the OP with our kind words and thoughts??

Old 03-14-2009, 11:49 AM

14 posts, read 26,837 times
Nope--I'm here visiting now! Had my interview at Richlands on Friday -- have spent over 7 hrs on 2 different days driving all around and hitting the highlights and different areas that are popular to live--I certainly feel like I have a better understanding. I like it here--- we'll see-- what my offers are-- it may be that I end up choosing between here and Charlote-- but I've lived in charlotte so I maybe I should try some place new!!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:51 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
go to gamers creative corner nothing but art.
come to mr rogers land today.
its a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area