Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM

7 posts, read 13,624 times

Advertisements

My family (husband, me and our small child) is relocating to the Lexington/Irmo area later this summer. I am looking for suggestions on where to live. I would like to live in a well established neighborhood, preferably with community pool and tennis courts, and decent sized lots. We have looked at several neighborhoods but all seem to be recently built, no amenities and very small lots. We would also like to be reasonable close to the lake and a golf course. Price range is around 220K.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 11:34 AM

9 posts, read 22,583 times
Irmo is a wonferful community with the best schools in the state. You will ove it its family friendliness...it is a true community of neighbors who look out for one another. I live in a large, master planned community called Ashford park. We have a large pool. beautiful clubhouse, tennis courts and fields. The neighborhood is full of kids of all ages, mainly elementary aged. Ballentine Elem. is absolutely amazing. We are sad to leave this community, but we have just listed our home to prepare for a move to Texas. Please contact me if you would like more info about Irmo, Columbia, or the neighborhood.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:52 PM

316 posts, read 972,372 times
I think you'll be able to find a very nice home in Irmo for your price range. There will be planty of choices that can provide you with what you want in a home.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:12 PM

10,892 posts, read 21,848,956 times
You can everything you want for that price range in either Lexington or Irmo. If you have a Realtor already have them give you a residential tour of the 2 areas. If you don't have a Realtor hire one and come down for a visit. Most, none that I know, will charge you for that service. If you have a relo company or are retired/active military many times they can refer you to someone.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,359 times
I have also heard a lot of positive things about Irmo and Lexington. We are coming to visit the area in August. Any suggestions for specific neighborhoods or places to look at? I am also an educator in New Jersey and would like to pursue that professional avenue upon relocating. Anyone have an idea if the prospects of getting a teaching job is good? Thank you!

Old 07-15-2009, 10:49 AM

Manchester Park, Milford Park, Persimmon Grove, Vintner's Wood, Cademon's Creek. What price range will you be looking to stay in?

Old 07-19-2009, 07:50 PM

4 posts, read 19,078 times
I need guidance as to where to buy a house in Columbia. I'm looking for a good school district and a house in the range of 135,000.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:13 AM

tsepts- There are several areas in Columbia or Lexington that would allow you to find what you are looking for. You may want to check out the Irmo area and Northeast Columbia. See where you feel the most comfortable and where you want to live. If you are a first time home buyer, $8,000 tax credit is still around until December 1rst.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlboney View Post
Manchester Park, Milford Park, Persimmon Grove, Vintner's Wood, Cademon's Creek. What price range will you be looking to stay in?
We would like to keep it under 200,000. I'd prefer to buy a buildable lot in a community which will give me plenty of time to settle life here.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 PM

You would be able to find a nice home for $200,000. There are also lots available to build on, you just need to see what's out there so you can see where you would like to build once you are settled in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area