U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 09:50 AM

4 posts, read 16,986 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the Columbia area and are considering Lexington. We are looking at Prescott Glen. I like that there is a neighborhood pool and the proximity of the County Club of Lexington. Can anyone offer their opinion on Prescott Glen? Is it a good neighborhood for school age children? Prescott Glenn looks like it is on the western edge of Lexington, do you think growth will be out that way? Finally, we drove past the Lexington YMCA and I was not too impressed. It looked like a WPA era summer camp! Can anyone offer more information on it? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 05:22 PM

985 posts, read 1,962,577 times
Quote:
we drove past the Lexington YMCA and I was not too impressed. It looked like a WPA era summer camp
It does look like an old camp. The Y is growing and adding more soccer fields and expanding the equestrian program. If you drove down into the complex you would have seen the camper's cabins and the lake. This is not the kind of Y with tennis courts and workout rooms, it centers it's mission around outdoor activities.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:21 PM

9 posts, read 23,394 times
Default Prescott Glen Neighborhood Lexington SC

If you want to see all the kids, stop by on Halloween and see the madness. Kids all over. I have lived here for 6 years and the social committee has been very active with summer pool party, Easter Egg hunt, and Fall Festival. Yes, we are further out but schools are nearby with Pleasant Hill Middle & Elementary just 5 min away and Lexington HS 10 min. away. Walgreens will be coming up by the HS and a Publix on 378 & Charter Oak. It's progressing but not too fast. The neighborhood has a lot more cul-de-sacs than other neighborhoods, great for little kids and big wheels. Hope this helps. You can see what the neighborhood looks like during Christmas at NelsonBermas.com
Good Luck in your home search.
Nelson

Last edited by Nelson Homes Lexington SC; 10-05-2009 at 07:43 PM..

Old 10-08-2009, 12:15 PM

9,560 posts, read 18,863,871 times
Prescott Glen is a great neighborhood. I have several friends that live in there. The Y is expanding but LD covered that well.

And hey Nelson, how are things going? You still live in PG? You should go to your profile and mark yourself as a Realtor. You need to sell 500 Spindrift for me and Robert.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:12 PM

9 posts, read 23,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
You need to sell 500 Spindrift for me and Robert.
I thought it was SOLD? The price is a DEAL!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:21 PM

9,560 posts, read 18,863,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Homes Lexington SC View Post
I thought it was SOLD? The price is a DEAL!
Still waiting on bank approval. I thought we were gonna lose the buyer but she is hanging in there. Bank of America is the new worst for loan mods and short sales. Their corporate level stinks and they made a huge mistake taking on Countrywide. Oh well, it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area