Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 10:43 PM

7 posts, read 54,441 times

Advertisements

I am going to be moving to Columbia in April of this year and am having one heck of a time finding a good apartment.
Any suggestions? I want something safe, good looking, and decently priced.

What about Killian Lakes? Briargate?

Last edited by tuxedoacid; 01-29-2010 at 12:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 10:50 AM

899 posts, read 2,287,689 times
I wouldn't consider Briargate. Not good looking and not in a safer area. If possible I'd stay away from the older apt. communities like that on the Broad River Rd. corridor. Don't know much about Killian Lakes but think they are new.

The Keswick in NE Cola near I-20 and Clemson Rd. look nice and seem to be popular. There are also some nicer newer apt. communities in Lexington like Cedarcrest Village which looks nice and fairly affordable. Oh and I've heard people really like The Crestmont which is by Harbison Blvd.

You should check out apartmentfinder.com and apartmentguide.com...I've found both to be helpful in the past.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:16 PM

7 posts, read 54,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
I wouldn't consider Briargate. Not good looking and not in a safer area. If possible I'd stay away from the older apt. communities like that on the Broad River Rd. corridor. Don't know much about Killian Lakes but think they are new.

The Keswick in NE Cola near I-20 and Clemson Rd. look nice and seem to be popular. There are also some nicer newer apt. communities in Lexington like Cedarcrest Village which looks nice and fairly affordable. Oh and I've heard people really like The Crestmont which is by Harbison Blvd.

You should check out apartmentfinder.com and apartmentguide.com...I've found both to be helpful in the past.

Yeah, I am no longer considering Briargate. Seeing as how when I called today, the line was disconnected twice after being picked up. I thought it may have been a bad connection until I called back and the woman who answered only said, "Hello." Unprofessional. I'm guessing she actually hung up on purpose before.

I've been looking at apartmentguide.com since December and have realized that looks can definitely be deceiving when it comes to apartments.
I'm going to look into the three you've mentioned. Thanks!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:25 PM

6 posts, read 18,520 times
Hampton courts apartments: call (803) 783-5390‎
You can look at apt facilities and floor plans in apartmentguide.com
But the prices in the web are wrong. You will get a way better deal on prices as they vary time to time. Call the office and if you can make a trip. I highly recommend this place due to location and safety.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,921 times
In Texas every city has an agency called apartment find it or locators, where commissioned individuals search for apartments meeting your specifications. Is there an equivalent real estate org in Columbia?.It is difficult and daunting searching on line for apartments looking at excessive pictures of the exteriors, club houses etc except the actual apartments being rented. ? Do any of the real estate agents search for apartments for a commission? help !!!!!. I hesitate to take a trip from Texas to view apartments , as many of the very young sounding apartment leasing office employees are not even professional on the telephone when trying to schedule an appointment. I am seeking a safe apartment with some sqare footage,upscale apartments are very small. Do you know which side of town zip codes are safest? The apartment reviews are so conflicting that they cancel each other.

Last edited by Gwen Sonier; 04-17-2010 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 04-19-2010, 06:36 PM

92 posts, read 290,224 times
What's the issue with Broad River Road - area apartments?

Like previous posters, I'm searching for an apartment too. I was considering the Mill at Broad River (Bentley Drive off Broad River), or St. Andrews Apartments on St. Andrews Rd. Opinions? I don't need fancy since it's temporary, but I'd like to avoid drug deals and murders (as much as possible!).

If you remember me, I posted a few weeks ago about neighborhoods. Well, I just found out that I got the job I interviewed for and I will be moving to the Columbia area next month! I think we're going to rent for a little while before buying.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM

193 posts, read 541,382 times
During my apartment search last year I think I looked everywhere. Just by walking around those apartments on Broad River I realized I wouldn't fit in well. I didn't get a sense of security at all. I decided on the Lexington area and have since decided to build here too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area