Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 06:18 AM

28 posts, read 43,997 times

Advertisements

I moved to Phenix City last month and had to get myself settled in. I'm ready to go out and enjoy the area now. How is the nightlife in Columbus and Phenix City? Any suggestions? Someone point me in the right direction. I'm 21 and enjoy your typical pop clubs where the DJ is spinning mostly EuroDance based music blended with a little pop Hip-Hop and Techno. Some awesome sports bars would be nice too!!! I'm open to all suggestions though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 02:21 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,644,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenixCity280 View Post
I moved to Phenix City last month and had to get myself settled in. I'm ready to go out and enjoy the area now. How is the nightlife in Columbus and Phenix City? Any suggestions? Someone point me in the right direction. I'm 21 and enjoy your typical pop clubs where the DJ is spinning mostly EuroDance based music blended with a little pop Hip-Hop and Techno. Some awesome sports bars would be nice too!!! I'm open to all suggestions though.
Columbus has a lot of good bars and clubs along Broadway downtown. Checkout Flip Flops, The Tap, Mix Nightclub and Lounge. Mix is owned by DJ Roonie G (originally from Columbus) who is well known in the Las Vegas club scene. There are a lot of others places downtown that offer a good variety. Not too sure about PC. You want to stay in Columbus.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:42 PM

18 posts, read 49,862 times
Considering your music choices the best spot for you sounds like... "The Mix". Its downtown near The Big city club and Flip Flops. Oxygen plays some music you would like too but to be honest with you it seems like Oxygen has died off since the mix opened. The mix is a bit small but their is no smoking, it is very clean,safe and they have good security. As far as your music choices your options are pretty much Oxygen and the Mix. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news unless somebody on here knows of other places ! Other than that its Rock or whatever music that particular club plays with the occasional Hip hop song sprinkled in or its an all Hip Hop, Rock or whatever type of scene.

As far as the night life here their isn't a lot to it if you are looking for good bars and clubs. I can pretty much name every club in Columbus and for the most part you will see the same people every week at the same clubs. For you it will be cool because you don't know them but you will begin to notice that trend soon. If you like a mixed crowd (like I do) your choices are limited, most of the clubs here are generally segregated, meaning a lot are predominately white or black. That is getting better but still pretty bad.

I would also check out "The Tap", its indoor/ outdoor..mixed crowd and they play all kinds of music. Sports bar..can't help you much there. Their is the Sports Page but personally I don't like it there. Other than that I don't know of many sports bars.

I would advise waiting until the first Friday of the month for bar crawl. On the first Friday of the month you can pay 10 bucks for a wristband and can go in and out of almost all of the bars/clubs downtown. If you have a friend or two that you can go bar hopping with you will have a good time. Their will be a lot more people downtown that day than any other day. If you go towards the end of the month right before pay day I can almost guarantee that it will suck. lol

Old 07-09-2011, 10:44 PM

867 posts, read 2,976,720 times
Quote:
How is the nightlife in Columbus and Phenix City? Any suggestions?
Phenix City has to the best of my knowledge virtually no nightlife. Broadway in Columbus is the largest concentration of bars/clubs in the area. Be advised, that due to the military population at Benning, the guy to girl ratio is heavily lopsided in the females' favor.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:36 AM

18 posts, read 49,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphalogica View Post
Be advised, that due to the military population at Benning, the guy to girl ratio is heavily lopsided in the females' favor.

So True !!!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:35 PM

783 posts, read 1,161,246 times
Quote:
A good local zine, available at many locations (free) around town is Playgrounds, an arts & entertainment monthly:

Playgrounds Magazine Website

While the vents I cover don't exactly match what you're looking for, these are some of the better starting points in this area, for getting out and meeting folks, and seeing some of the local talent:

==Open Mic & Talent Show Summer Schedule==
Red Barn (Hwy 280 in Phenix City) is the latest on the talent show
list, go there Wednesdays for their open mic, hosted by Gary Parmer,
where there's also some fine food being grilled up, as well. Music &
poetry on the deck out back, under the stars. There's also a pool
right near the stage, for those who want to jump in and cool down.
Gary & his Trio also perform out on the deck the last Saturday of each
month.
Tuesday nights are the night for SoHo's classic open mic hosted by the
Legendary Tripp Wrigley.
Thursday night is perhaps the finest night of all to catch some of the
great talent available in this area in two locations on both sides of
town: At Del Ranch in Smiths Station, Alabama, starting at 9pm until
about 1am every Thursday & Sunday nights, so if anyone out there is a
musician or singer, bring your songs and instruments and join in!
Del Ranch Restaurant & Lounge
4920 Lee Road 430
Smiths Station, AL
Or, closer to Columbus there is also the early sidewalk talent show at
Fountain City Coffee at 1007 Broadway in Columbus, which starts at
7pm. This one is hosted by Brian Mallard & Julian Hernandez, and is
also an open mic, so, again, if anyone out there is a musician or
singer, bring your songs and instruments. This one gets crowded fast
so get there early to sign up for performance, or drop by anytime
during the night for some coffee and a listen to some of the best
talent the Columbus area has to offer.

--
In A Dream I Saved You / Will Dockery & T.O.T.M. (Theatre of the Mind):
‪WDockery's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-24-2011, 07:51 PM

34 posts, read 92,145 times
H20 in North Columbus is the Bomb, and i jus moved here 2, from Dothan, the Columbus of Alabama lol

Old 07-24-2011, 10:35 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,911,741 times
What ever happened to The Pillowtalk Lounge ... or am I dating myself?

Old 07-25-2011, 04:50 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,644,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
To be honest I have never heard of it.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:08 AM

783 posts, read 1,161,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
The entire building that PTL was located in was gutted and is being turned into loft style condos... the old Empire Building at 12th Street & 1st Avenue, and the place where PTL was has been likewise closed and going through some significant remaking as well, apparently.

--
In A Dream I Saved You / Will Dockery & T.O.T.M.(Theatre of the Mind)
http://youtu.be/ZGUZmzvqRP4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA