Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2012, 12:59 PM

192 posts, read 385,994 times

Advertisements

Driving down from Atlanta Friday evening the 17th and staying for the weekend to get a feel for the area. While we might stop to look at one or two apartments or rentals, the primary purpose of this trip is to get a lay of the land to plan our relocation strategy.

With that said, I'll be working south of Macon Rd, but I hear that I should keep my apartment/rental search north of Macon Rd.

Zip 31907 seems to have the more affordable rates on paper, but that zip covers both north and south of Macon Rd.

Are there apartments that you would recommend? Apartments that you would advise someone to avoid?

Looking for 2 or 3 bedroom apartment or house, and would love to have a decent sized kitchen, and has to be pet friendly.

In Atlanta, we have a company called Promove, that helps you find apartments. Is there any such type of business in Columbus?

I have to imagine the commute will be better no matter where we land in Columbus than my current commute (19 miles) in Atlanta.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 01:21 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,853,930 times
When you say "affordable" what's your budget?

North Macon Road can eat out your pocket.

Also try the lake bottom area (south of Macon Road) its much cheaper,and a better area to live in if you have a dog.

Low crime rate!

Lake Bottom Park/ Weracoba Park < Sports < Visitors < Columbus Georgia Convention & Visitors Bureau - Georgia travel, antique shops, hotels, restaurants, shopping, tours, Ft. Benning

Old 02-08-2012, 01:36 PM

Preferably $1000 or less. There are 2 Greystone properties I've got marked to look at, but that's really the top of my budget, but I fell in love with the square footage and kitchen.

I will check out the area you recommend as well - thank you!

Any other suggestions?

Last edited by rabernet; 02-08-2012 at 02:05 PM..

Old 02-08-2012, 01:39 PM

Do you know of specific apartments in that particular area?

Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 PM

5 posts, read 18,813 times
I just moved here from Southern California to be with my boyfriend a little over a month ago. We live in the Westover Glen Condominiums. It's located on Old Macon Rd which is a little tiny road off Macon. It's very affordable and it's a nice quiet complex that allows pets. It's also pretty close to the highway so it's easy to get anywhere.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:44 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,853,930 times
The Village on Cherokee Apartments - Columbus Apartments For Rent | Columbus, GA 31906

Old 02-09-2012, 08:25 AM

286 posts, read 439,335 times
Great hope you enjoy your visit this friday when you travel down. I think you will find columbus a great place to call home because columbus has way far less traffic than atlanta and commute times to work in columbus are very short as well. I know when you travel down to a small city you may find things a little slow paced and odd at first but that's normal that's because your were so use to living in a large city like atlanta were it's so fast paced and busy but after a while you will get used to the slow paced traffic in columbus and will adjust to the area and will find it a great place to live. I lived in atlanta for a few years and got used to atlanta's fast past busy life and traffic and when I moved back to columbus it seemed odd and weird when I moved back because I got so used to living in the fast past traffic and busy hot atlanta traffic and when I moved back to columbus things seemed weird and slow and a little different because of how slow the area was and how slow paced the traffic was in columbus. Hope you enjoy your visit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA