Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 12:03 AM

147 posts, read 232,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77GRACEANNE77 View Post
Ive read all of the posts here. Question - I am with a developer in Atlanta Georgia. We have 20 parcels of land across from the Ag Center that we are looking at developing. We have put Brennen Outfitters in and are looking at many options in regards to retailers, restaurants etc. Is this location one that most of you commenting here would drive to and if so; what would you like to see in terms of food, stores etc. I have seen Costco, Sports store (specifically Academy Sports), Some type of Market, Trader Joes, Mid level restaurants but what else is there a need for and would people from Macon travel to this location?
Even though you're actually developing in Perry, how about bringing a Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and a P.F. Changs to Columbus anyways?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 09:52 AM

427 posts, read 550,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog23 View Post
even though you're actually developing in perry, how about bringing a trader joe's, whole foods, and a p.f. Changs to columbus anyways?
and a freakin costco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-12-2014, 10:41 AM

967 posts, read 1,073,995 times
Quote:
Even though you're actually developing in Perry, how about bringing a Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and a P.F. Changs to Columbus anyways?
Quote:
and a freakin costco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've think most of these are definetly looking at out area, once we start hearing whats coming to the several new retail developments we will see several if not all of these coming to the area.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:27 PM

69 posts, read 121,428 times
Forget PF Chang's and just go with Pei Wei instead! Same food faster, cheaper and a more casual atmosphere!

Old 08-12-2014, 01:41 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Rose View Post
Forget PF Chang's and just go with Pei Wei instead! Same food faster, cheaper and a more casual atmosphere!
Pei Wei is great. They were all over Orlando when I lived there. All of the above mentioned retailers and restaurants will hit the Columbus market sooner or later.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Pei Wei is great. They were all over Orlando when I lived there. All of the above mentioned retailers and restaurants will hit the Columbus market sooner or later.
I hate waiting lol

Old 08-12-2014, 11:18 PM

147 posts, read 232,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
I definitely want you to end up being right, but it seems like one of our last hopes for getting those retailers/restaurants to come to our area rests on the upcoming (at some point?) expansion of CPC. I'm crossing my fingers that Adams is going to solicit more high-end, upscale retailers, but honestly, it seems like the "safer" bet would be to bring more of the same kinds of budget/low-end retailers that are already at CPC. If the CPC expansion ends up being just more of the same, then what? Like you said before, Columbus is quickly running out of expansive tracts of developable land.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog23 View Post
I definitely want you to end up being right, but it seems like one of our last hopes for getting those retailers/restaurants to come to our area rests on the upcoming (at some point?) expansion of CPC. I'm crossing my fingers that Adams is going to solicit more high-end, upscale retailers, but honestly, it seems like the "safer" bet would be to bring more of the same kinds of budget/low-end retailers that are already at CPC. If the CPC expansion ends up being just more of the same, then what? Like you said before, Columbus is quickly running out of expansive tracts of developable land.

There's enough "budget/low end" retailers in Columbus. Not something I would like Columbus to be known for. Can I contact Adams myself? :/

Old 08-13-2014, 08:15 PM

322 posts, read 603,240 times
Word on the street is, the big box groups like Bass Pro and Costco want to be given land for free - or better yet, a long term ground lease for $1 per year - so that they may "anchor" the development and spur other development..... that's not flowing these days....

Old 08-14-2014, 08:11 AM

What other development would costco bring after they build a warehouse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA