Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 01:56 AM

783 posts, read 1,161,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
These maps of Columbus Square are great!

I used to think that original mall was so gigantic, but then again I was pretty small...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 07:18 PM

286 posts, read 438,046 times
I remember Columbus square from back in the 1990's when I was a little boy. I remember the steep escalator in sears in the old columbus square part that went upstairs in sears. I didn't really go to the otherside of columbus square where all the retail and shoppes were. I just remember the sears part. I just remember the steep escalator in sears. Could you believe back then Columbus really had two indoor malls. The Columbus square mall and peachtree mall which one was the most popular hangout spot I was to little to remember. im 25 years old fixing to be 26 I know in my teenage years the hangout spot was hollywood connection but now that place is nothing they took everything out of there. they screwed up when they took everything out of there like the caraousl and the ferris wheel.

Last edited by columbusmetro89; 01-23-2015 at 07:31 PM..

Old 01-24-2015, 07:58 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,842,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Dockery View Post
These maps of Columbus Square are great!

I used to think that original mall was so gigantic, but then again I was pretty small...
The mall was diffidently wide,while peachtree mall is built much longer.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:05 AM

446 posts, read 678,015 times
i remember visiting Columbus and going to Columbus Square Mall it reminded me so much like Springdale Mall in Mobile when i visited there. I think both those malls closed a few years apart from each other. Springdale Mall was literally across the street from Bel-Air Mall they had the most of the same stores.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:02 PM

286 posts, read 438,046 times
im curious does anybody know what year columbus square closed.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:11 AM

215 posts, read 218,621 times
It closed around 2002. There were a few stores open and Sears was the last to move but the mall was pretty much dead!

Old 01-25-2015, 12:12 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,842,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesjb131 View Post
It closed around 2002. There were a few stores open and Sears was the last to move but the mall was pretty much dead!
Yeah,I remember it being a Dollar Store,Hot Wing restaurant and beauty parlor there. But Sears and the movie theater were still doing ok.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:50 PM

967 posts, read 1,072,492 times
I found this blog about Columbus Square Mall. I thought it was interesting and it describes a bit of the history and about the malls decline. I thought I'd share it.

Sky City: Southern and Mid-Atlantic Retail History: Columbus Square Mall

Old 03-30-2015, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusmetro89 View Post
I remember Columbus square from back in the 1990's when I was a little boy. I remember the steep escalator in sears in the old columbus square part that went upstairs in sears. I didn't really go to the otherside of columbus square where all the retail and shoppes were. I just remember the sears part. I just remember the steep escalator in sears. Could you believe back then Columbus really had two indoor malls. The Columbus square mall and peachtree mall which one was the most popular hangout spot I was to little to remember. im 25 years old fixing to be 26 I know in my teenage years the hangout spot was hollywood connection but now that place is nothing they took everything out of there. they screwed up when they took everything out of there like the caraousl and the ferris wheel.
I didn't know Hollywood Connection had been changed like that.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
I found this blog about Columbus Square Mall. I thought it was interesting and it describes a bit of the history and about the malls decline. I thought I'd share it.

Sky City: Southern and Mid-Atlantic Retail History: Columbus Square Mall
I think I read this long ago but definitely time fror a new reading, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA