Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2018, 12:52 AM

2,250 posts, read 2,157,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Pita Mediterranean Street Food, which opened on Whittlesey Boulevard at Columbus Park Crossing in April 2017, is now working on a second 2,500-square-foot location in Midtown Shopping Center, with expectations of opening in November, Nadeem Chaudhry said Friday.

“They just started construction, so maybe in two and half or three months,” said Chaudhry, the franchisee of the existing Pita Mediterranean location on the city’s north side.

The Columbus resident said the new 80-seat eatery on Macon Road should be the final one he opens in the city, although he has an eye toward entering the markets of Auburn, Ala., and LaGrange, Ga.

“We’re doing pretty good on the north end of town. Our reviews are top and we’ve kept it up to standard,” Chaudhry said. “I’m not going to brag about it. I usually let people try the food and make a decision on it. But we have over 500 reviews on Google.”

The Pita Mediterranean Street Food menu includes various types of gyros, chicken and beef shawarma, fish, tawook, kafta, falafel, pita bread, hummus, baba ghanoush, lebanee, feta and olives, several salads and platters for those wanting the entrees with grilled vegetables. Desserts include baklava cheesecake and Nutella pita.
Quote:
The new Mediterranean eatery is headed for a 50-year-old shopping property that has been redeveloping since 2014. Midtown Shopping Center has added anchor tenants that include Bealls Outlet, Shoe Carnival and Ross Dress for Less.

At the same time, the Kmart discount store in the center was closed by Sears Holdings last year — as were the Sears department store at Columbus Park Crossing and every other Kmart in the local market.

The former Kmart space remains vacant, although a Panera Bread outlet is now under construction fronting the empty retail space at 3200 Macon Road. A city building permit shows $1.1 million is being spent on construction.

Just under 35,000 vehicles pass each day in front of Midtown Shopping Center and Cross Country Plaza across the street, according to a Georgia Department of Transportation traffic count.

Columbus-based G2 Commercial Real Estate Services has assisted Pita Mediterranean Street Food with securing its Columbus locations.
https://account.ledger-enquirer.com/...sume=217654180

That shopping center continue to gain tenants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 07:30 PM

308 posts, read 257,010 times
With this and Panera moving in—especially with Panera spending $1,1 million on a new building—something has to be planned for the old Kmart. I can't imagine either of these restaurants would be interested in a shopping center without its main anchor.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:13 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,157,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASwift View Post
With this and Panera moving in—especially with Panera spending $1,1 million on a new building—something has to be planned for the old Kmart. I can't imagine either of these restaurants would be interested in a shopping center without its main anchor.
I have heard so many rumors about what's going there. First it was a Target,then it was a movie theater and now I am hearing Walmart Neighborhood going there.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:59 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,900,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
I have heard so many rumors about what's going there. First it was a Target,then it was a movie theater and now I am hearing Walmart Neighborhood going there.
PLEASE, NOT ANOTHER WALMART in this market!! A Culver's? Yes! Any new movie theaters in this town should be DOWNTOWN!! A Bass Pro Shop or a Cabela's, maybe? Awesome location for that!

Old 09-04-2018, 06:11 AM

463 posts, read 518,582 times
Apparently the space is being divided into smaller anchors according to the website. I agree that another neighborhood market would not be a good addition. However an empty 110000sq ft building is worse. Midtown Shopping Center

Old 09-04-2018, 08:45 AM

Lots of good info---thanks!

Old 09-04-2018, 09:01 AM

967 posts, read 1,071,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
PLEASE, NOT ANOTHER WALMART in this market!! A Culver's? Yes! Any new movie theaters in this town should be DOWNTOWN!! A Bass Pro Shop or a Cabela's, maybe? Awesome location for that!
BP or Cabela's would be a good addition most anywhere in Columbus. I'm still wondering why we don't have at least one of those yet.

Old 09-04-2018, 10:32 AM

463 posts, read 518,582 times
I think Midland Commons is in talks with one them. They say they are targeting a sporting goods retailer. I could only assume it would be one of them.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post
I think Midland Commons is in talks with one them. They say they are targeting a sporting goods retailer. I could only assume it would be one of them.
Midland Commons would be perfect! They're not here yet because Columbus, GA is STILL being discovered!
I've heard from friends and visitors who moved away, (mainly people who served in the military) say: GEEZ, Columbus has REALLY changed from the "old days," whenever that was! I blame our city leaders and Chamber of Commerce for not doing more to get the word out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA