Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 08:23 AM

2,250 posts, read 2,164,870 times

Advertisements

https://www.columbusga.gov/planning/...2038-Draft.pdf

Some of the projects that was included in this plan has already broken ground. The only red flag is future land use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 09:26 AM

197 posts, read 204,698 times
If i had to guess, Columbus will be worse off in 2038. The next Democratic president (who isn't a hawkish neocon like Hillary Clinton) will likely make cuts to Ft. Benning and most college-bound young people who are my peers are very eager to move to cities with a more vibrant scene for young professionals leaving behind the young people who don't have careers and tend to have kids at a young age.

Last edited by lethalhipster9; 10-01-2018 at 10:00 AM..

Old 10-01-2018, 10:08 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalhipster9 View Post
If i had to guess, Columbus will be worse off in 2038. The next Democratic president (who isn't a hawkish neocon like Hillary Clinton) will likely make cuts to Ft. Benning and most college-bound young people who are my peers are very eager to move to cities with a more vibrant scene for young professionals leaving behind the young people who don't have careers and tend to have kids at a young age.
Your logic is dire, but sounds about right if an anti-military Democrat becomes president. The Columbus scene is already plenty vibrant, and will become even more so when the Rialto and Bradley theaters reopen as entertainment venues again. The real problem is the lack of industry coming here. I-14 will correct that way before 2038. Still plenty of time to recover, but that time starts NOW!!

Old 10-01-2018, 11:37 AM

297 posts, read 259,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Your logic is dire, but sounds about right if an anti-military Democrat becomes president. The Columbus scene is already plenty vibrant, and will become even more so when the Rialto and Bradley theaters reopen as entertainment venues again. The real problem is the lack of industry coming here. I-14 will correct that way before 2038. Still plenty of time to recover, but that time starts NOW!!
Why even go back and forth with this guy? Lol

Old 10-01-2018, 11:55 AM

1,054 posts, read 881,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungProfessional View Post
Why even go back and forth with this guy? Lol
Right. Nothing but ratpoison from that jabroni.

Columbus will be better off the day lethal manages to move away. I'm starting to think that won't ever happen though.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:10 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
Right. Nothing but ratpoison from that jabroni.

Columbus will be better off the day lethal manages to move away. I'm starting to think that won't ever happen though.
Thanks JayHey and The Young Professional for reminding me of this VERY anti-Columbus poster! Like the both of you, I love Columbus, and like you I have frustrations about things here! Nevertheless, I've seen HUGE positive things happening, and truly believe that the best is yet to come! Historic Westville opens October 20, and the Botanical Garden expansion are two great examples!

Old 10-01-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I hope you'll be gone by the time gentrification takes it full effect on Columbus.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:18 PM

197 posts, read 204,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
I hope you'll be gone by the time gentrification takes it full effect on Columbus.
How can you have gentrification without single young professionals? Columbus is designed for middle aged/older people with kids who are going to want a single family home.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
How can you have gentrification without single young professionals? Columbus is designed for middle aged/older people with kids who are going to want a single family home.
Columbus is actually built-out when it relates to single family homes. The demands for the last couple years has been apartments.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:06 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post

The only red flag is future land use.

What are some of your concerns with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
View detailed profiles of: