Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 05:05 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,164,870 times

Advertisements

As the W.C. Bradley Company works to complete The Rapids, an upscale apartment complex in downtown Columbus that will have restaurants and retail tenants, it’s also planning another food-based attraction just to the south off Bay Avenue.

It will be an indoor food venue carved out of what decades ago was a warehouse dedicated to storing cotton for transport down the Chattahoochee River via steamships. A historic textile mill, the Eagle & Phenix, also is in the vicinity, it now having been transformed by W.C. Bradley into modern condos and apartments.

“We have a building back there that we are in the very early stages of trying to design a pretty interesting dining concept,” Pace Halter, president of W.C. Bradley’s Real Estate Division, said Monday of the indoor food court on Bay Avenue.

The actual location is between the existing 11th and Bay Southern Table restaurant and Whitewater Express, an outdoor rafting and zip-line company that does business on and above the river. It’s situated across from Woodruff Riverfront Park, which is popular year-round with local residents and visitors walking, bicycling and simply hanging out in the area, which includes a children’s playground and splash pad.

“It’s part of the warehouse there,” Halter said. “Technically, in the strictest sense, it’s part of this building, our corporate building, but it’s back behind us here in the lower area.”

The W.C. Bradley executive said the timeline for opening the indoor food venue is a bit fuzzy, with the company still going through its budget estimates for the attraction. His goal is to get started on construction early next year and open by late spring or early summer.

“The current design right now is we’ve got 11 food booths in there,” Halter said. “They may not all be food. There may be some that are more passive dry goods and stuff like that. We really haven’t even started tenanting it yet or even marketing it for that matter.”

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news...222907600.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 05:25 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,652,074 times
Hoping for something similar to Krog Street in Atlanta.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:47 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,680 times
It's probably too much to dream of a roof top patio bar, but I've had a few cocktails so I will.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:56 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
It's probably too much to dream of a roof top patio bar, but I've had a few cocktails so I will.
I think a rooftop patio bar is a GREAT idea---and all I've had is some non-alcoholic (boo-hoo) eggnog!

Old 12-11-2018, 07:00 AM

Pace Halter is the best thing to happen to W.C. Bradley Company in a long time. He brings Atlanta style thinking to their development projects. We need more local developers thinking like him. He will be a tremendous asset to the growth of downtown.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:16 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Pace Halter is the best thing to happen to W.C. Bradley Company in a long time. He brings Atlanta style thinking to their development projects. We need more local developers thinking like him. He will be a tremendous asset to the growth of downtown.
W.C. Bradley is flexing its muscles in its hometown, and that's a very good thing! Marc Olivie also deserves a lot of credit! I'm STILL hoping for a revival of Bradley's namesake movie house---the Bradley Theater.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
W.C. Bradley is flexing its muscles in its hometown, and that's a very good thing! Marc Olivie also deserves a lot of credit! I'm STILL hoping for a revival of Bradley's namesake movie house---the Bradley Theater.
That would be a great opportunity for redevelopment. Just glad to see outside of the box thinking. Pace has had a lot of experience in Atlanta. Good to see him bring that vision to Columbus.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:01 AM

71 posts, read 88,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Hoping for something similar to Krog Street in Atlanta.
It sounds like it will be like another new project in Marietta; Marietta Square Market
Marietta Square Market | Marietta.com

Old 12-11-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmuth View Post
It sounds like it will be like another new project in Marietta; Marietta Square Market
Marietta Square Market | Marietta.com
Great comparison. Looks like Columbus is the first city outside of metro Atlanta to get a food hall like this. Savannah might have something similar but not sure. Hopefully it turns out similar to the Marietta project.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:35 AM

176 posts, read 157,264 times
Default Reminds me of The Pizitz in Birmingham

This sounds a lot like Ths Pizitz Food Hall in downtown Birmingham. I’ve eaten there a few times very nice variety of food and local merchants only none of the big chains. It sits across from the McWane Children’s Museum and has upstairs apartments. Anyway it’s a plus for Uptown.

The Pizitz Food Hall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA