Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2018, 07:58 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,142,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Then there’s the just-opened Spencer High School. At a cost of $56 million, this is the “best in Columbus, the best in Georgia,” City Manager Isaiah Hugley told the Ledger-Enquirer’s Ben Wright.

Farther south, past Spencer, look to the west and the three housing communities funded by private investors and the city’s public housing authority. One is the modernization of the E.J. Knight apartments, 52 units of low-income housing, $4.8 million. Another is Arbor Pointe, 416 units of mixed-income housing, $55.5 million, that replaced Baker Village. And, third, is Patriot Pointe, 100 units of senior housing, $17.3 million.

Nearby, and set back on the east side of Fort Benning Road, is Valley Healthcare Systems, a nonprofit, 30,000-square-foot, multi-discipline medical, dental and mental health complex. Built in 2012 with $6.2 million in federal funds, Valley Healthcare treats about 11,000 patients a year.
https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news...223424095.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 08:33 PM

1,054 posts, read 873,717 times
Quote:
But, those storefronts often mask interesting stores within. Try the Korean-spiced chicken wings at Mama Kim’s. The auto detailing at Cue’s. The best-in-class veterinary care at Benning Animal Hospital. Cooking ingredients from West Africa at Ermita’s Tropical African Market. Or the military surplus, current supplies and ribbons and medals at Columbus Armory and Military Store.
Some of the best valued food in town is along Fort Benning Rd and its one block over neighbor Lumpkin Rd. CC's, Normita's, Borinquen, Rose's, and a handful of taco stands are all awesome.

I will say that having two Piggly Wiggly's (there's another one still open on Lumpkin) within a half mile of each other was probably an unwise business strategy even before that Walmart moved in.

Sidenote; my dad and I discussed this article earlier today and it finally helped me convince him to get an online subscription to the LE. My parents moved to Florida recently and he's been balking at getting a paid sub, even though he was a longtime subscriber and still checks the app daily.

Support good local journalism and subscribe to the LE! It's not always good, but the more (paid) readers they have, the better paper they can produce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
View detailed profiles of: