Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 11:46 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCountryBoy View Post
Robbie needs to go! She is horrible and most of her reports are factually inaccurate. While I have sympathy for the folks the might lose their jobs but the paper is just total trash. They are so biased towards the left, so much that it’s almost comical. They have not reported an unbiased article in 8-10 years.
SOooooo TRUE!!! With its new "star," AOC, the left is going even further LEFT, and most Americans are middle of the road!! Republicans, under Mitch's crappy "leadership," can't get out of its own way, despite all the good stuff Trump is doing! If the Wall doesn't get built, I can see an Independent WINNING the Presidency in 2020. So far, I like Schultz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 05:18 PM

161 posts, read 170,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
SOooooo TRUE!!! With its new "star," AOC, the left is going even further LEFT, and most Americans are middle of the road!! Republicans, under Mitch's crappy "leadership," can't get out of its own way, despite all the good stuff Trump is doing! If the Wall doesn't get built, I can see an Independent WINNING the Presidency in 2020. So far, I like Schultz.
I just don’t how anyone can actually listen to AOC. She is so misinformed and frankly a total idiot.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:57 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,256,356 times
Can't speak to the Columbus paper, but the Macon (sister) paper has become smaller and smaller. I still subscribe to it digitally and have Wed and Sun delivered (since it costs me only 70 cents per week extra...I save that using the Kroger ad). That all being said, when it comes to local issues, the Telegraph is still tops. They are the only ones who stayed on our corrupt superintendent years back and the only news organization that covers local affairs such as zoning, tax increases, etc. I still support them.

I am known as the "mayor" at work because I am always up to date on local issues. That is in large part due to the newspaper. The ignorance of local events among so many is worrisome. Most people can name more Real Housewives or Big Brother players than they can city council members which is sad. Local news affects your life more than national news, but I will step off my soapbox now.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:41 AM

1,054 posts, read 881,680 times
Exactly right mid.

I don't even care to know how this thread got to where it it did on the second page, but the claims are spurious. The local coverage is largely apolitical and the opinion section is populated by an even mix of nationally known right and left writers. AP articles fill out the rest of the paper.

What's so ironic is that we share and talk about LE articles here all the time and there are never any complaints about how they are politically biased.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:04 PM

176 posts, read 157,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
Exactly right mid.

I don't even care to know how this thread got to where it it did on the second page, but the claims are spurious. The local coverage is largely apolitical and the opinion section is populated by an even mix of nationally known right and left writers. AP articles fill out the rest of the paper.

What's so ironic is that we share and talk about LE articles here all the time and there are never any complaints about how they are politically biased.

Just curious do you work for the ledger?

Old 02-04-2019, 06:17 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,680 times
Sorta, I'm the ghost of Glenn Vaughn sent here to scare up some subscriptions.

Or I simply think local newspapers are important.

That and I won a Page One award way back. If you give me $1,000, I'll schlep for you too.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:30 PM

176 posts, read 157,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
Sorta, I'm the ghost of Glenn Vaughn sent here to scare up some subscriptions.

Or I simply think local newspapers are important.

That and I won a Page One award way back. If you give me $1,000, I'll schlep for you too.
Lol got you. I was just curious and congrats on your previous award.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA