Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2019, 10:58 AM

183 posts, read 254,182 times

Advertisements

So we are just plain tired of paying the ridiculous prices for MediaCom cable. Does anyone have any experience with Hulu or Sling? We want to still have the main networks (NBC, ABC, CBS) and sports channels, HGTV, Food Network, Hallmark, Travel Channel, History Channel, Animal Planet, Weather.

Are there other options that we should consider?

Any feedback appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 11:38 AM

1,054 posts, read 880,131 times
Yeah Mediacom is right up there with Comcast for worst in class.

I had Youtube TV in Atlanta for a few years and really liked it, the anywhere DVR was way ahead of its time and I know a couple people who still have it.

Have you checked to see if you're in an area with Charter availability? That's what we have now and it's pretty good and costs half as much as a similar Mediacom package would cost. The OnDemand function is straight out of the 2000s, but we use smart tvs and casting for most of that kind of thing anyways.

I found a pretty good current guide for the internet tv options: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/youtube...ews-24578.html

Go over that and you may find out which service is right for you (I did see they say YoutubeTV doesn't have Food Network, but it does and the image just below where they say that shows the Food Network logo).

Old 09-22-2019, 08:48 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,850,394 times
I have Charter in Fortson and like it. WOW is good too, Mediacom is the worst with their data caps.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:12 AM

176 posts, read 156,925 times
Use to have Mediacom when I lived in Hilton Heights area. Service was horrible. I had sling for several months. The service was good with them. Good selection and much cheaper than cable service. It really depends on the speed of your internet service. I had AT&T DSL. Their speed actually was great with the service. Never tried Hulu’s cable service.

Old 09-24-2019, 06:41 AM

113 posts, read 125,772 times
Youtube TV is the way to go. They have the best interface and smoothest working platform. I have used Sling and DirectTVGo in the past and I prefer Youtube TV over them.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:29 PM

427 posts, read 549,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsurluvr View Post
So we are just plain tired of paying the ridiculous prices for MediaCom cable. Does anyone have any experience with Hulu or Sling? We want to still have the main networks (NBC, ABC, CBS) and sports channels, HGTV, Food Network, Hallmark, Travel Channel, History Channel, Animal Planet, Weather.

Are there other options that we should consider?

Any feedback appreciated.
I have Netflix, Hulu (no commercials lol), and Sling. They all have their pros and cons. I like and will keep them all! I have not had a cable bill since the 2012 Olympics ha!

Old 10-01-2019, 09:57 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,644,714 times
Can you choose the channels you want with Sling?

Old 10-01-2019, 10:11 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,280 times
Sling has various packages, blue, orange...go to their site and the others for comparison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post

Old 10-02-2019, 05:01 AM

427 posts, read 549,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Sling has a couple of different base packages and NUMEROUS add ons. Sling also has certain device offers and promos (i.e. discounted or free Roku players/Apple TVs, etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA