Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2020, 08:18 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,104,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
There were images of extremely long lines across the state of Georgia. Footage went viral on social media of voters lined up in Suwanee, a suburb of Atlanta, leading some Democrats to raise allegations of "voter suppression." CNN affiliate WTVM reported that hundreds of early voters were wrapped around a polling place in Columbus, a city near the border with Alabama.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/12/polit...XXRSa0gVTlmbEg

https://www.wtvm.com/2020/10/12/firs...CyUN8Bg9W6aD_k

I stood in line for 2.5 hours just to cast my vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 08:27 PM

1,054 posts, read 864,647 times
I'm certainly in favor for people being excited to vote, but I don't get going on Day 1. The lines are as long as they're going to be, maybe except for the day of the general election. Hundreds of people lined up today, dozens tomorrow, single digits by Wed.

Good for you though, Fountain!

Old 10-12-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
I'm certainly in favor for people being excited to vote, but I don't get going on Day 1. The lines are as long as they're going to be, maybe except for the day of the general election. Hundreds of people lined up today, dozens tomorrow, single digits by Wed.

Good for you though, Fountain!
Well today was an off day for many people. So why not go vote? 1,338 people voted today,that number will likely increase by the final days of early voting.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:41 PM

Old 10-12-2020, 10:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gub...hannel=ABCNews

Old 10-15-2020, 09:25 AM

3,408 posts, read 1,871,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodmngr View Post
This says more about you than it does about anyone else.
I'm not all that excited, because it's another election of voting for the most likable instead of the best qualified.

Biden is more likable than Trump---by far!!

Unlikable Trump, however, is infinitely more qualified than Harris/Biden COMBINED!!! You know it and I know it! Voting "most likable for president" will DEVASTATE America! Voting for Trump will save our country for future generations! Promises made, promises kept!
Trump/AMERICA 2020

Old 10-16-2020, 02:47 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,871,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodmngr View Post
This has nothing to do with my comment and a family member needs to extract you from the fox news extended universe.

I doubt any effort to get through to you by putting on full display trump's very open and very obvious corruption will work, so I will just be as visceral as possible - I have had family members die from covid, directly because trump took no meaningful action even when he admitted, on tape, that he knew covid was deadly but he wanted to downplay it. Regardless of what motivated him to do so, the outcome of his poor decision making has been devastating for the entire country and should alone be immediately disqualifying. He had ample warning to do something to control the spread of covid and failed miserably, and now several members of my family are dead and more will be dealing with lifelong chronic illness because of it. If trump cared about America he would have listened to his intelligence briefings in January and taken meaningful steps to keep over 218k Americans, and counting, from dying.
I'm genuinely sorry for your losses, but President Trump didn't kill your loved ones anymore than the Cuomos in New York killed thousands of New Yorkers. Biden is a nice guy, and a real POLITICIAN! He's also a big friend of China and was highly critical of Trump cancelling China flights, as was Pelosi! Trump discontinued those flights. You need to quit watching the leftist media if you think Biden would make for a better president than Trump and if you truly think Biden would have saved your family members, had he been in office.

Old 10-18-2020, 09:32 PM

23,772 in Columbus voted so far. 100,000 votes for this election cycle is more likely...

https://www.wrbl.com/news/one-week-i...scogee-county/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA